[SOLVED] Internal Server Error

milktogo

I was trying to install joomla but then this came up when I went to the webpage.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@gamingnetwork.heliohost.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_mono/2.6.3 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_wsgi/3.3 Python/2.7.1 Server at gamingnetwork.heliohost.org Port 80

User:milktogo

Server:stevie

site name: http://gamingnetwork.heliohost.org/

When I went to your site I got an installation page with these errors; probably a temporary error:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/milktogo/public_html/libraries/pattemplate/patTemplate.php on line 1424

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/milktogo/public_html/libraries/pattemplate/patErrorManager.php on line 202

The reason these errors are appearing is because you are using an OLD version of Joomla (1.5) when the latest version is (1.7). If you are not using the newest version of Joomla your site may fail.

When I went to your site I got an installation page with these errors; probably a temporary error:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/milktogo/public_html/libraries/pattemplate/patTemplate.php on line 1424

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/milktogo/public_html/libraries/pattemplate/patErrorManager.php on line 202

The reason these errors are appearing is because you are using an OLD version of Joomla (1.5) when the latest version is (1.7). If you are not using the newest version of Joomla your site may fail.

I've had recently tried the other versions of 1.5 and they worked. I guess it was only that file which was a quick start package. And also the template that im using is 1.5 not 1.6 or 1.7 compatible.

If you also haven't noticed, there are more 1.5 compatible plugins than 1.7. It is because 1.7 has recently came out. So even if i do upgrade to 1.7 it would be no use because my plugins and mods would be no longer working.

Thanks ^_^

You can try using 1.5, but from those errors there is a very good chance it would not work out. The reason is that the old 1.5 version required a version of PHP older than the current (<5.30), which is causing the Deprecated notices to appear saying that functions are not available. In the release of 5.30, many functions were deprecated because newer, better functions were available. When a function gets deprecated, it cannot be used.

1.6 might work, I'm not sure. If its compatible with version 5.30 then it will probably work. If not, then sorry but you might have to use version 1.7

There's nothing I can do about this, and we cannot 'downgrade' PHP just for one individual user.

Thanks,

You can try using 1.5, but from those errors there is a very good chance it would not work out. The reason is that the old 1.5 version required a version of PHP older than the current (<5.30), which is causing the Deprecated notices to appear saying that functions are not available. In the release of 5.30, many functions were deprecated because newer, better functions were available. When a function gets deprecated, it cannot be used.

1.6 might work, I'm not sure. If its compatible with version 5.30 then it will probably work. If not, then sorry but you might have to use version 1.7

There's nothing I can do about this, and we cannot 'downgrade' PHP just for one individual user.

Thanks,

usually i get this error when i try to load cpanel and my webpage. So i will try to access closed cpanel page.

Thanks,

1.5.23 Works Fine. No need for 1.6 Or 1.7 and I did not ask for any php downgrade. And There is no 5.30.

The other thing that you misunderstood is that you do not get the point that the extentions would not be working since they are not updated lately.

So there is no use to upgrade any version higher than 1.5.23 in these few days.

Been Using Joomla since 2009.