Ability to delete our posts

DmC

I am not sure if this is possible in IPB 2. If you can find a way we'll be happy to do it. :)

IPB 3 might have this feature, and we are in the progress of theming IPB3 so we can upgrade as soon as possible. ;)

I agree with black star. There is never really a need to delete a thread. The point of a forum is to keep archives of all threads. Again, as Brother Hassan said, if there was a reason where it had to be deleted, you can ask a moderator/admin to do it for you.

It could be nice if we were able to delete our posts/threads when noone has replied after it.

I may be misunderstanding, but I'm guessing that the only reason most people would have for wanting to delete a post would be if they put some personal information into the post such as username and domain. Once the issue is solved maybe they don't want that information publicly visible anymore? All they need to do is edit their pots and say something like:

EDIT: Username and domain removed since issue has been solved.

Anything else that needs to be deleted can be deleted by the moderators and admins who are all quite active.

And besides, you never know if some one has the same question.

Then he can use search, and find the answer.

Sometimes I wish more people had this same idea ^_^

I agree with black star. There is never really a need to delete a thread. The point of a forum is to keep archives of all threads. Again, as Brother Hassan said, if there was a reason where it had to be deleted, you can ask a moderator/admin to do it for you.

also if you post thread, the url will be added to google index. If you unnecessarily delete thread, user will get wrong page when searching. Sometimes makes problem in seo.

also if you post thread, the url will be added to google index. If you unnecessarily delete thread, user will get wrong page when searching. Sometimes makes problem in seo.

Nice Idea ...

I think the reason the OP wants to delete threads is that instead of having an ideal thread to which no one has replied ...

Why not delete them ?

But considering the pros & cons ...

I think the best thing is to keep them lying or just contact a Mod :)