[SOLVED] PHPSESSID problems and SMF forum

965mods

hey well basically when i go to any page on my forum it has PHPSESSID=xxxxxxxxx in the url after hours googling this it turns out that its to do with cookies or something and it only shows for around 3 pages u click however mine is showing all the time another reason for it being there is apparently if cookies are disabled but my aint. i found that more than 1 time while searching that if it shows up all the time then the host is mis configured to do with something like session.use_only_cookies in the php.ini however after checking phpinfo it says it matches so i am wondering if u can help me with this issue thanks

my site is 965mods.co.uk i have reinistalled smf multiple times with the same problem i when i add the session.use_only_cookies to the htaccess it 500 internal error

thanks for your help hope to fix this soon

user = i cant actually remember lol either a965mods or mod965

website = 965mods.co.uk

when i last set this up as a completly different idea for what my site was it didnt have phpsessid in the url even though it was the same domain and forums software

EDIT: i am gonna try mybb and phpbb to see if the issue still happens

EDIT2:

session.use_only_cookies On On

session.use_trans_sid 0 0

according to phpinfo both are correct for phpsessid to not show yet it still does

EDIT3: mybb doesnt do it so it seems something to do with a conflict with heliohost and smf even though it never used to...

EDIT4: if none of this makes sense then no worries i am using mybb now and everything is fine if someone else if having the same problem with smf let me know thanks

Just wanted to mention that we aren't ignoring this issue. When I first came across this thread it was only ~30 mins or so after you had originally posted and already you had begun changing your site so I was unable to replicate the errors you were reporting, and therefore there wasn't really anything I could do to try to help. If you're happy with the solution you have come up with so are we. :lol:

Just wanted to mention that we aren't ignoring this issue. When I first came across this thread it was only ~30 mins or so after you had originally posted and already you had begun changing your site so I was unable to replicate the errors you were reporting, and therefore there wasn't really anything I could do to try to help. If you're happy with the solution you have come up with so are we. :lol:

HAHA ok no worries yh thats me all over i complain about something but then decide to change it anyway :D thanks though