Domain Name Change Request

ablaty2

I would like to switch my domain geotours.heliohost.org to a new domain that I just purchased, 10stoptours.com . Can you help me out? I understand that I can park the new domain, but I would prefer to actually change it.

-Alex

I would like to switch my domain geotours.heliohost.org to a new domain that I just purchased, 10stoptours.com . Can you help me out? I understand that I can park the new domain, but I would prefer to actually change it.

This script http://www.heliohost.org/home/support/scripts/domain changes your main domain for you.

I was under the impression that that link is to switch from one free domain to another (IE if I wanted to switch from Geotours.Heliohost.org to toptours.Heliohost.org). What I want to do, is use the .COM which I already purchased, so that I have a top level domain

That's fair. Sorry & Thanks. It said it worked! Can you explain what else I need to do to switch it over (IE, don't I need to tell the registrar where my site is hosted)?

Enom is asking for my host name, address, and record type

-Alex

Guest Geoff

Enter the following two records:

Host Name: 10stoptours.com (or "@(none)")

Address: 216.218.192.170

Record Type: A

Host Name: www.10stoptours.com (or "www")

Address: 10stoptours.com

Record Type: CNAME

I tried that, but I still can't get it to work. Is there anyway to figure out if the problem is with something I've configured on heliohost, or on enom?

When I try to go to the site 10stoptours.com it returns a "this page can not be found" message. Does this mean it is not even reaching Heliohost?

My site is set up with google apps, and all the google apps (mail.10stoptours.com, docs.10stoptours.com etc...) work fine. This makes me think that I haven't configured something properly on the Heliohost side

Here is a screenshot of what the DNS looks like

Thanks,

Alex

post-22313-1309701718.jpg

Ok, I'll give it another day and see what happens (its been 1 day already). Enom says it can take up to 3 hours, though, so I doubt that is the problem.

Could the problem be that I am not using the correct nameservers? Right now it is set to use the default ones, but I can enter up to 5 custom ones. Should I change it to

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

Thanks,

Alex

Guest Geoff
Could the problem be that I am not using the correct nameservers? Right now it is set to use the default ones, but I can enter up to 5 custom ones. Should I change it to

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

If you change it to those nameservers, you will need to first copy the google apps records to our nameservers using the cPanel Advanced DNS Zone Editor.

Okay, try this:

Change "www.10stoptours.com" to "www"

Change "10stoptours.com" to "@"

under the host name column.

Okay, try this:

Change "www.10stoptours.com" to "www"

Change "10stoptours.com" to "@"

under the host name column.

works perfectly. Thanks for all your help! One more question: If i want to create a subdomain (IE m.10stoptours.com), do I need to do it in cpanel or the host records page on Enom?

Thanks,

Alex