Another lovely suspended account

xAnemone

Hmm, today I registered an account with HelioHost, and transfered my domain (okama-way.com) to your nameservers.

Afterwards, I came to realize it would be more practical for me to host my website on my own from a home Ubuntu server,

so I transferred my nameservers back to Namecheap, deleted my account here, and all seemed well. As I was being directed

to my own server as specified on the Namecheap panel, I assumed full control was given back to Namecheap, however....

Later on, while running a per-minute cron job, i started being redirected to this suspension page.

While ironically this is the very reason I cancelled my HelioHost account, I find it rather troublesome. I've since tried setting my nameserver's back to namecheap's again,

but to no avail.

Anyone?

account: x10panze

domain: okama-way.com

Currently you use the following nameservers:

dns1.registrar-servers.com

dns2.registrar-servers.com

dns3.registrar-servers.com

dns4.registrar-servers.com

dns5.registrar-servers.com

And these nameservers points your domain name to 174.109.... IP where I see Drupal installation.

Remember that DNS changes are not instant, especially if you change the authoritative nameservers for your domain. It's just most probably the cached copies of DNS records are working for you, your computer, your ISP etc.

I didn't call your domain name ever before, I had no cached copies of your DNS entries anywhere on my computer or at my ISP, so I've just accessed the entries from original source. But you did call your domain when having it pointed to HelioHost and these cached entries are still working for you (on your computer, at your ISP etc.) and you have to wait until these cached entries will expire so you'll get them again from original source.

After changing the nameservers you have to always remember that it may be even 24-48 hours before the changes will take a place on the whole world. Usually faster, but anyway, all cached copies of previous DNS entries have to expire everywhere before. So if you ever want to have instant switch between the hosts - keep the same nameservers and play around only with A records while having low TTL set for them.

You can always check the crrectness of your DNS settings - even if not propagated everywhere, yet - with using "whois" and "dig".

Currently you use the following nameservers:

dns1.registrar-servers.com

dns2.registrar-servers.com

dns3.registrar-servers.com

dns4.registrar-servers.com

dns5.registrar-servers.com

And these nameservers points your domain name to 174.109.... IP where I see Drupal installation.

Remember that DNS changes are not instant, especially if you change the authoritative nameservers for your domain. It's just most probably the cached copies of DNS records are working for you, your computer, your ISP etc.

I didn't call your domain name ever before, I had no cached copies of your DNS entries anywhere on my computer or at my ISP, so I've just accessed the entries from original source. But you did call your domain when having it pointed to HelioHost and these cached entries are still working for you (on your computer, at your ISP etc.) and you have to wait until these cached entries will expire so you'll get them again from original source.

After changing the nameservers you have to always remember that it may be even 24-48 hours before the changes will take a place on the whole world. Usually faster, but anyway, all cached copies of previous DNS entries have to expire everywhere before. So if you ever want to have instant switch between the hosts - keep the same nameservers and play around only with A records while having low TTL set for them.

You can always check the crrectness of your DNS settings - even if not propagated everywhere, yet - with using "whois" and "dig".

Resolved itself overnight. I guess time and proper grammar can solve anything.

Thanks for the reply regardless.

Quote:

...Resolved itself overnight....

This is what I wrote about having to wait for DNS changes, cached copies of them having to expire etc.

As for the proper grammar part - I am not sure what you mean, as English is not my native language, I didn't even take any lessons of it, so I don't know at all if either your or my posts are correct or not in this matter (most probably my is not best and if so - sorry).

As for the proper grammar part - I am not sure what you mean, as English is not my native language, I didn't even take any lessons of it, so I don't know at all if either your or my posts are correct or not in this matter (most probably my is not best and if so - sorry).

I don't know if that was even intended to be directed at you, but for what it's worth I think your grammar is fine. I've seen a lot worse, and some of the a lot worse has even been on these forums. You know who I'm talking about! :huh: