Which looks better windows or Linux???

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
can someone tell me the difference between the two and are the programs that i use oon windows compatible with linux?

There are almost always a free software alternative to the Windows programs you use...

Although a small few native ports include Azureus, Firefox, Thunderbird, GIMP, Gaim, and a good amount of others.

with the new windows vista, i think microsoft will take the lead,you should check out vista's graphics but it requires a very fast computer with a nice graphic card installed.

Windows Vista is bad performing. Very bad appearence for performance tradeoff.

What about Linux with XGL/Compiz? 3-D desktops ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to have a windows box. It came with viruses installed. It would have to be reinstalled every two weeks, and made the CPU sound like a jet engine. Then I switched to Ununtu Linux and was stunned. My favorite part about Linux was the customizability. You can make a top menu bar, a right program folder, a bottom dock, and a bunch of "Widgets" along the left side of the screen.

My Vote: Linux, all the way!

linux looks like a copy of mac and i see that in that picture you are lloking at a mac mini would i be right

i like mac so they seem the same so my vote is for linux

also you can get linux onto ur ipod(pm if anyone wants more info on that)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't want to put linux on my comp that has windows xp, cuase i had to pay a lot for it. But I am getting a old dell with windows suck adittion on it, so I hope to install an OS on it. I thank that I am going to install fedora. I am getting into programing so it will be a nice project.