My website appears to have been deleted

sdk

I attempted to log into cpanel and I received an error message along the lines of "That name does not exist in our database". My website has been down for a few days but of course I have no way of knowing if that's due to a server not serving, or if my account was deleted for some reason. I've been using my website regularly and have received no emails of notification of anything. What happened?

My username was sdk.

I believe I did. It's possible I'm mistaken. I don't know how to check. I thought inactivity was supposed to result in suspension, not deletion, anyway.

I've been trying to sign up for a new account, but there are never any slots. As a "returning customer", can I get fast tracked, to the stevie server?

Thanks.

I believe I did. It's possible I'm mistaken. I don't know how to check. I thought inactivity was supposed to result in suspension, not deletion, anyway.

After 30 days of not logging into cpanel your account becomes suspended and you receive an email warning you that you should log in. After an additional 7 days or inactivity your account gets added to the deletion queue and ~24 hours later or less your account is permanently removed.

I've been trying to sign up for a new account, but there are never any slots. As a "returning customer", can I get fast tracked, to the stevie server?

There is no fast tracking, but you can use this page to monitor when to signup on which server. Sign ups for the day reset at midnight PST http://heliohost.uni.cc/sign-up.php At the time of this post signups will reset in 13 mins.

• 2 weeks later...

I used my site every day. If it had been suspended, I would have known about it immediately. I also stated in the OP that I had NOT received any emails. My account was deleted without notice, likely for no reason.

I'm not sure. I had signed up a long time ago and things were always getting changed around.

I was finally able to sign up for a new account, on Stevie, and an hour later I received the following email:

Dear sdk,

Your hosting account at HelioHost has encountered an error during installation. The error is:

Sorry, a DNS entry for [MY SUBDOMAIN].heliohost.org already exists, please delete it first (from all servers in the dns cluster)

Please visit http://www.heliohost.org/scripts/signup.php and try to signup again.

Regards,

HelioHost Staff

What is all this? My old subdomain still exists? How am I supposed to delete it? There are no instructions! As I already stated in the OP, my username did "not exist in the database". I'd like to just have my old account back, but I'm not sure what's going on. I signed up for a new account yet again, with a different subdomain, just for now. Please advise.

Guest Geoff

I'm assuming your account was on stevie. I wish you had not signed up for a new account yet.

Please post your subdomain here. Don't worry: if someone else takes it I'll delete their account.

I can see an active account in the database named 'sdk'.

However, the domain is 'superdreamkilla'. There is no .com, .net, .heliohost.org or any ending.

Could you use the domains script to change the domain to the correct one?

Guest Geoff

Your site is active. Unfortunately, the domain you have registered, superdreamkilla, is not pointed to our nameservers. You will need to buy that domain first, and then point it to:

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

If you don't have the money for that, you could just buy superdreamkilla.com, or change your domain to the free superdreamkilla.heliohost.org using our domain script.

Aw, jje, you robbed me of my funny post.