Whats The Average Uptime For Stevie ?

Brother Hassan

Ive been monitoring stevie's uptime (via okashira.heliohost.org)for a little more than a week now using two services (service uptime and uptime robot). Serivice uptime reports uptime to be about 93% while uptime robot reports uptime at 100%. However, im inclined to believe the 100% statistic due to the fact that Stevie seems to be suffering through some severe speed issues. Sometimes it takes an upwards of 20 seconds before the webpage starts loading(whats up with that, btw), even timing out at times, but Ive never seen Stevie down as of late, personally.

I'm thinking of making a monitoring site for all servers. I will make it whenever I have time.

I presume you would need to run a cron job to monitor it regularily. However, the cron limit is two per day, so is there any other way of monitoring the servers? Because I'm an administrator, it is probably okay if I use a cron job for 5-10 minute monitoring using a small php script.

It might also be a good idea to monitor server speed too, maybe a variety of pages like HTML and PHP load times...

This'll be interesting to make...

I'm thinking of making a monitoring site for all servers. I will make it whenever I have time.

I presume you would need to run a cron job to monitor it regularily. However, the cron limit is two per day, so is there any other way of monitoring the servers? Because I'm an administrator, it is probably okay if I use a cron job for 5-10 minute monitoring using a small php script.

It might also be a good idea to monitor server speed too, maybe a variety of pages like HTML and PHP load times...

This'll be interesting to make...