Internal Server Error on .php not .html

Krydos

domain: krydos.heliohost.org

username: krydos

server: stevie

All of my .php files have been giving 500 Internal Server Errors for over 48 hours now. Out of curiousity I renamed my index.php in the root of public_html to index.html and it displays perfectly with no error. As soon as it is renamed back to a .php file the 500 error comes right back. I have cleared cache, used several different browsers, and several different computers on several different ip addresses. No .php files on my entire site show anything other than 500 Internal Server Error while anything .html displays fine. I haven't changed any settings in months so it's very unlikely I caused this.

This might be the same issue as http://www.helionet.org/index/index.php?sh...=8932&st=15 but since he is using all cgi and I am using php I thought I'd make a separate thread. Feel free to merge them if you need to.

Is there a .htaccess file in the directory of the script.

If so, could you paste what it says?

.htaccess contents:

# -FrontPage-

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Limit>
AuthName krydos.heliohost.org
AuthUserFile /home/krydos/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.pwd
AuthGroupFile /home/krydos/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.grp

In addition I tried removing the .htaccess file completely, and still no change. Still get the 500 Internal Server Error.

Problem w/ cpdavd processing appearing.

Fixed; De-escalating tread.

Thank you. Everything seems to be working now. Was this caused by something that I did, or was there anyway for me to fix this issue myself in the future if it appears again?

Guest Geoff
Thank you. Everything seems to be working now. Was this caused by something that I did, or was there anyway for me to fix this issue myself in the future if it appears again?

Some rouge webdisk processes caused your process limit to be exceeded. Therefore, your PHP scripts could not start the process required for them to run. This has happened before; it's cpanel's fault and there is really nothing we can do.