Controllers, 360 vs PS2/3

HerLoss

Is it just me, or did Microsoft totally rip off the dualshock controller? The only difference I see is they switched the D-pad and the left stick. If anyone wants to bother looking, the 360 has 4 trigger buttons similar to the dualshock as well. Heres some photos for referance:

VS.

Or even the bananna...

it pretty much is. but that is to be expected as people have been copying nintendo since who knows when. and now that i get a closer look at the banana, it looks way more uncomfortable than i ever imagined. and here's all these people dissing nintendo for the rev. my god look whose talking.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, who copied nintendo in the first place by making game consoles, if they can even be called such, and copied sega in using cd's for a game medium.

That's not really copying. And Nintendo wasn't the first company to make gaming consoles anyway. You can't consider this copying cuz that's like saying that HP copied IBM by starting to make computers. And they did not copy Sega to use CDs. The Playstation entertainment system and the Sega Saturn were released just one month apart. This can also be backed by the fact that Sony was developing a CD-player to be used for gaming a long time before the Playstation was released. And you can't call such things like making gaming consoles copying, cuz they are general ideas, not big ideas that no one else has thought of.

Well, what about Wireless controllers? Nintendo's Wavebird was the First Ever(for a console).

Or rumble Packs? Since the N64 had em first(although not integrated into the controller)

Also, sony got sued for the Dualshock for copying some small company that Patented it first. :P

Also, Sony was brought into the console market by Nintendo.

Sony's PS1 controller design was even "borrowed" from the Virtual Boy.

We really can't get on company's cases about this, however, or Microsoft would have never made a GUI, and Xerox would have tossed the Mouse Idea long ago. Anyone for Command Line Interface? :P