[Solved] 500 Internal Server Error again

b_ing

Here is the last topic for this question http://www.helionet.org/index/index.php?showtopic=7307. My website http://www.bingblog.net did work again after delete and register again. However, it broke down again.

I did notice something else:

1. after my http://www.bingblog.net broke down, I try to access www.helionet.org, but it threw the same error with my site

2. then I saw www.heliohost.org threw the same error.

3. about 5 minutes later

4. www.heliohost.org came back to work again

5. www.helionet.org came back to work again

6. www.bingblog.net still gets 500 internal server error.

Is it possible to find out the root reason and fix it to let website works stably ? thanks in advance

This support request is being escalated to our root admin.

Note to djbob: Last night I completely removed his .htaccess file and then created a simple Hello World test file with php and it was still throwing a 500 error. So it seems php scripts on his site are causing 500 errors.

So I've looked around for a couple of hours and I honestly have no idea why this is happening. There is no information in error_log, suphp_log, or local error_logs. Your VirtualHost entry seems completely sound, and I can execute raw PHP under your username just fine. My suspicion is that this problem has something to do with suPHP (as no entry for your scripts show up in suphp_log, which is abnormal). However, I have no way of identifying why that is.

At this point, I have two options. I'll leave the decision up to you.

1) Escalate this issue up to cPanel tech support and have them figure it out. This will probably take about two days.

2) We can try deleting your account and then you can create it again. If this issue is localized (which is what I suspect), the problem should be fixed.

So I've looked around for a couple of hours and I honestly have no idea why this is happening. There is no information in error_log, suphp_log, or local error_logs. Your VirtualHost entry seems completely sound, and I can execute raw PHP under your username just fine. My suspicion is that this problem has something to do with suPHP (as no entry for your scripts show up in suphp_log, which is abnormal). However, I have no way of identifying why that is.

At this point, I have two options. I'll leave the decision up to you.

1) Escalate this issue up to cPanel tech support and have them figure it out. This will probably take about two days.

2) We can try deleting your account and then you can create it again. If this issue is localized (which is what I suspect), the problem should be fixed.

so many thanks for your investigation. Since my account has been deleted and created, but the same error again, I'd like to wait for about 2 days for finding the root reason and fix it.

Reist: your problem seems differently... I've noticed high load during nighttimes as well. Stevie (our server) seems to consistently have problems during the late night, when I am unable to take a look at what's going on. It's sort of annoying...

b_ing: I've submitted the support request. I'll keep you updated on this thread.

Okay, so I figured out the problem with the help of the cPanel techs. We have a resource limit in place for the maximum amount of processes a user is allowed to run, and there were a couple of processes running under your username for WebDAV. I've killed those processes... please let me know if these problems start coming up again (in which case I'll just modify the resource limit).

Okay, so I figured out the problem with the help of the cPanel techs. We have a resource limit in place for the maximum amount of processes a user is allowed to run, and there were a couple of processes running under your username for WebDAV. I've killed those processes... please let me know if these problems start coming up again (in which case I'll just modify the resource limit).

djbob, I cannot thank you enough on your help :) , really appreciate.

OK, it seems as if I used too many tools, webdisk, ftp, fileManager, cpanel and so on... I will take care next time.

It's just the "webdisk" (WebDAV), actually. The others don't require constantly-running processes. And WebDAV shouldn't really require that many processes, anyways... so let me know if it keeps on being a problem.