[Solved] ASP.NET Write htm file to page.

Programer OZ

... dude, you deleted your entire public_html directory. Look up some basic tutorial or something. This isn't escalated material.

Yeah can you reset that? My Visual Studio went rouge and wiped everything! I am in trouble :(. Please reset my account. I will pick up a book and learn before I go testing like a nut again.

Thanks

If that's all you deleted (public_html) you shuld be able to recreate it by going to your user (home) directory and chmod it to 750.

alright I believe it is okay now.

Does anyone what to suggest a language to do my website in? Other than html.... i hate html only websites.

thanks

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone what to suggest a language to do my website in? Other than html.... i hate html only websites.

thanks

I recommend php and I'm sure most people in this forum will also. It's not to difficult to learn, you can find 100's of tutorials on the net and plenty of people who can answer any questions you might have.

thanks

I recommend php and I'm sure most people in this forum will also. It's not to difficult to learn, you can find 100's of tutorials on the net and plenty of people who can answer any questions you might have.

Alright the account isn't right... it is showing private files and my dlls! Also my pages aren't showing up. Can you please format my account? Just wipe it clean as if it were getting done for the first time.

Thanks

aliang: what's your HelioHost username?

Programmer OZ: as a technical term, format generally only applies to removable media. But anyways: unfortunately, we have to feature to "reset" an account. We can let you delete your account and then you recreate it, if you want.

To. All,

I have the same problem with upload asp.net files to my site. What's the procedure to make asp.net work in my site.

I would like to upload all asp.net files and the database mysql 2005 to the heliohost site which is I already open the domain name. Can anyone help me how to do this. How to set up this site. I cannot find the ASP folder that I can upload these files into it.

Thank you

Danny

Here is the asp.net folder that I have created. attachment zip file WebSite4.zip

I try to put these files into the public_html folder, but it's not working.

thank you

Dan

Hi there,

I am new here and with regards to this, i am facing the same problem too!

I have got my aspx pages out, but i need some help on how i can display it out on my domain. I had only tried to rename my aspx page to default naming like Default.aspx, index.aspx but it's not as simple as that..

Could someone kindly help me out? Believe there's a need to put some scripts somewhere but i have absolutely no idea. So sorry for my lack of knowledge

Hi

I have the same problem with ASP .Net app as aliang

Page is correctly compiled (when i make mistake in code it shows me place in code and compilation error) but whem everything is good i see XML parse error (Mozilla FF) or empty page (Opera). It looks like server not sending genereted page to me, because i don't see even page title, browser code view is empty :(

My user name: Semtox

Page: http://semtox.heliohost.org/

So I looked into this issue for a little while, and I am entirely stumped. I think I'll try recompiling Apache/mod_mono tomorrow.

UPDATE

Please check out this thread and see if that helps you. Probably won't since this is happening on all pages, but it doesn't hurt to try.

So I looked into this issue for a little while, and I am entirely stumped. I think I'll try recompiling Apache/mod_mono tomorrow.

UPDATE

Please check out this thread and see if that helps you. Probably won't since this is happening on all pages, but it doesn't hurt to try.

thank you very much djbob. sorry for bothering you all this time. :( :(

Alright the account isn't right... it is showing private files and my dlls! Also my pages aren't showing up. Can you please format my account? Just wipe it clean as if it were getting done for the first time.

Thanks

I've removed your account and resigned up for you. Your new password has been PM'd to you.

Thanks

I've removed your account and resigned up for you. Your new password has been PM'd to you.

Thanks! It is working, but not my asp.net pages. I also got this E-mail

Dear oz,

Your hosting account at HelioHost has encountered an error during installation. The error is:

Account Creation Ok

Please visit http://www.heliohost.org/scripts/signup.php and try to signup again.

Regards,

HelioHost Staff

I think my account is fine since it says: "Account Creation Ok"

but just informing you.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Has anyone found a solution to the asp.net page errors.

I think my account is fine since it says: "Account Creation Ok"

but just informing you.

OK just keep an eye on it for the next 24hrs. If it doesn't get deleted when the corruption script runs then your fine.

Has anyone found a solution to the asp.net page errors.

djbob is looking in to that.

Patience, guys. I'm going to recompile everything tonight. It has to be done while I'm free, because if something screws up we'll have downtime. Also, the process is like 13 steps with our complex configuration.