Insults

josh shadowfax

Nah, that was Evan Cole... Jake posed for him though. Remember? We had our pictures on the wall?

Whatever, sounds like you're Josh. Anyways, you're gonna have to get wee to remove that stuff he said about you, which I doubt he'll do.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. I don't know you. I can't tell.

But the only thing that i comented was that is not a nice way to try to get people to remove the topics regarding you by insulting them, specially when the one in question is an ex-mod and one of the first members and the admin itself... If you want something done, maybe you should consider that act nicely is a nice way to get it...

As for me, since i don't know you and I know wee for a while (witch doens't mean that i really know him, but...) and respect hugely djbob i'm gonna stick with them

2 things josh. if you have changed dont lie and i might forgive you. remember Yom kippur is coming up soon. Repent!

(sorry had to do that) but hey if you have changed (since last year) i'll forgive you but you have to prove it on a tuesday. if not i'll just have ray and friends beat you up. hopefully there is no need for that.

Okay, speaking as a canidate for Helio Politics, I cannot allow this to happen.

If you admins actually read your own Terms and Conditions, It goes as following:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.

You guys have any right to remove these offending messages, not letting other members just wander off trying to remove the messages. If you can't try harder to moderate your forum, I don't know.

#1: I didn't write that. That's the standard IPB crap. #2: That's the point to this forum, Lappy. That's what a lot of the members like about it. The moderation is loose. I only interrupt when conflicts arise. #3: The gossip forum is there for a reason. To gossip. If gossiping is against the rules, then that's a waste of a forum.

The rules we follow are outlined in the link "HelioNet Guidelines" in the header. Those are the only rules that have to be followed when posting something. If a post offends you, go cry it off. If a post was MADE to offend you, then we got a problem.

Well, even though it was the "standard IPB crap", you need to pay more attention. Why give misleading advice? Change the agreement, then, if you are not willing to follow it.

How would you insult a person without making it offend a person? If you say "god does not exist", that's okay if it offends a religious person, but if you say "Lappy512 is bad", that is made to offend me, and I would advise you to take it off.

As Speaker, the only thing Lappy can do is apply changes decided by the Legislature. Furthermore, these changes must usually be made through the ACP only. There are some exceptions, such as adding emoticons, etc. The main point of the Legislature is to make new ideas.

Wee obviously didn't make those posts to affend Josh, since Josh wasn't at the forum at that time. Josh may have made his posts to offend wee, however. Anyways, Lappy won't be able to moderate this stuff. He could try starting a movement to get someone banned, though... or fined... but that would take a year, and it would be a waste of time.

Hmm... getting back to the legal issues, what was said isnt classified as slander. It isnt classified as anything. What was said would have to hurt you economically some how by ruining your reputation in the buisness world. I very much doubt that anything said here has cause a loss of income to anyone (except for djbob's profits from someone getting pissed off and leaving).