[Solved] Account suspended

High server load. 100.26 GB memory.

Probably abusive bots...a whole bunch of people had that happen the last few days and their sites skyrocketed in load and got suspended as a result.

I would suggest reviewing your logs for abusive IPs and blocking any thing suspicious in .htaccess. I've gone ahead and blocked one range for you that was hitting the "thenewbible" domain, but I'm sure there are others.

Please let us know if you need any help with it.

Unsuspended.

Thank you. I'll check the logs...

Is there a way to limit memory or resource consumption in general?

My pages usually require very few resources. I don't know exactly how much, but I believe it should be no more than 2 MB per PHP process, maybe even less.

I just quickly tried a 1 MB memory limit in local PHP and everything seems to work. The execution time should also not be more than 1 second.

Maybe there is a bug in the source code that drastically increases the memory, or a high traffic of data with some internal delays causes the processes to get stuck?

But I think 1 second of CPU time and 2 MB of memory should be enough.

Can I set these configuration variables via .httaccess?

There isn't a way to do that yourself, but I could lower the PHP memory and execution time limits for your domains if you want...not sure we've ever tried doing that though...usually people are asking for the opposite.

I think your real issue was that a bot was trying to scrape thenewbible.helioho.st and requesting every page on it in succession. When you're getting tons of page loads each minute like that, even tiny amounts of resources begin to add up.

2024-10-14 19:18:37	Error	47.128.63.103	403	GET /bible/UDB.WEBC/Deuteronomy2?ln=de HTTP/1.0

I blocked the 47.128.0.0/16 IP range on that domain for you (hence the 403 error), and your load is basically nonexistent since being unsuspended.

Try resetting the FTP password under Connection Info->System user credentials. If that doesn't fix it, please create a new topic for FTP not working, provide connection logs from your FTP client if possible, and we'll investigate this separately.

There was also an issue that broke SFTP during the account move a while back, but they're all supposed to be fixed by now...