Problems after moved to the new server

rmx1986

hi,

my heliohost.org username: rmx1986

I have many problems after moved to the new server.

1) My site disappeared after the moving to the new server.

The domain is: onwebs.eu

Please add the same domain (onwebs.eu) again.

qib3S1d.png

Now there is only the subdomain 'onwebs.eu.gr.heliohost.org'

However, the folder of the domain is still there (FTP)

A64UoAe.png

2) There is problem with the database on PhpMyAdmin

If you update a field in database via .php it will update normally and you will see the results with php (mysql query - mysqli_connect("tommy2.heliohost.org") or .."localhost") but if you enter on PhpMyAdmin you will see the database how was it two days ago (September 27, 2024) not the updated database after September 27th.

Also the same happens if you download the database, there are new records which are not present in the mysql file

MMvLmC1.pngPhpMyAdmin - Database Field

Database record (image above) stuck on 27th while the 'ip' and the 'date' is updated with .php (mysql query) but you cannot see that on PhpMyAdmin

Also if you change the database fields from PhpMyAdmin you will not see the changes on the website (php)

6gEgRAN.pnghow it looks from website (php file)

While on website (php) you can see the updated values (IP, Date) on PhpMyAdmin the values stuck on September 27th as shown in the database fields above

It's like i see the old database (on the old server) and i have no access via PhpMyAdmin to the new database with the updated records after September 27th (on the new server)

3) I have a weather station (Arduino) it sends data every 1 hour with 'GET' to .php file

It also stopped to send data after September 27th while it was sending data before 27th

dnVGBSp.png

The above is an example with 'openssl' program on linux and it works on the new server (it update a field in the database - the changes are not visible in the PhpMyAdmin only from php (previous problem)), the Arduino sends the same (GET /s.php?m=...) like above example but with AT Commands this was working before 27th, not now

I wonder why while it works on linux it doesn't work on Arduino anymore. Do have you changed something (firewall etc) that have to do with it?

I looking to find something different between the old and new server that could affect this..

Something different with SSL? ..The previous server used TLSv1.3 as the new server?

The previous server was nginx?

These are the problems appeared after the moving to the new server.

Please try to fix these issues and answer all my questions.

Edited by rmx1986

For the database issues, it sounds like you’re logging into the old server.

The domain for the server changed when your account moved, you need to remove the 2 from the URL. It’s now just tommy.heliohost.org.

Do not use tommy2.heliohost.org for anything (database, Plesk, etc.) or you will either lose data or see stale data.

For Plesk, you should be logging in at https://heliohost.org/login/ anyway. Logging in that way will always get you to the right server even if your account exists on two different ones due to a move and avoid the stale data issue.

Both old and new servers use Apache behind nginx. If you want, you can turn Apache off in Plesk and use pure nginx.

2 hours ago, wolstech said:

Domain added. It can take up to 2 hours to start working.

Thank you

Eventually connected to the new server's database simply with 'localhost' - mysqli_connect("localhost" ..)

Before i had tommy2.heliohost.org that's why i wasn't seeing the changes of the database from PhpMyAdmin

On the old server i had mysqli_connect("tommy2.heliohost.org"..) with no problem, but on new server if i have mysqli_connect("tommy.heliohost.org"..) I have warning: Access denied

4GEc1r5.png

so i just leave it as 'localhost'

On the other hand If i try remote connection to the database with mysqli_connect("tommy.heliohost.org"..) it connected with no problem

Localhost is best practice for anything running on the server accessing the database. It always works and requires no special permissions.

Using tommy.heliohost.org as the SQL hostname for code that's running on Tommy itself is not something we'd generally support (we just say use localhost). If you really want to do that for some reason, you might be able to get that working by adding Tommy's IP to the remote access IP list (or setting it to any host).