Tommy Upgrade

Krydos

3 hours ago, Krydos said:

Your account has been reset. Click the link in the email I sent you just now to take the next step in the reset process. I also created a full backup for you prior to resetting your account in case you find you need something from the old account. You can download the full backup from https://heliohost.org/backup/ if you need it. We have a wiki guide explaining how to extract it here https://wiki.helionet.org/tutorials/plesk/account-backups

I'm unable to login my yahoo mail, recovery mail and sms not working... Is it possible to resend the link to my new mail? 

Toonday247@gmail.com

On 9/14/2024 at 12:28 PM, Ookma-Kyi said:

Ill be happy to be a V2 tester!

Account name: ookma-kyi

I just started moving your account. We have had a few people report that their old password didn't get copied over correctly and they had to do a password reset prior to being able to log in to the new server. Let us know if this bug is fixed for you.

Also since you use external DNS we would appreciate some feedback on how clear the instructions on how to update the DNS records are for you.

Let us know if you notice any increased speed, or if you have any other issues.

10 minutes ago, ojplanet said:

I'm unable to login my yahoo mail, recovery mail and sms not working... Is it possible to resend the link to my new mail? 

The email has been sent to your gmail instead. Let us know if you still can't find it.

15 minutes ago, Krydos said:

The email has been sent to your gmail instead. Let us know if you still can't find it.

Thanks.. Registered using yasky as username. I would like to use heliohost username and password here as well..

Am i on new tommy?

6 minutes ago, yasky said:

Thanks.. Registered using yasky as username. I would like to use heliohost username and password here as well..

I have changed your forum email address and username to match your new hosting account.

6 minutes ago, yasky said:

Am i on new tommy?

Yes.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Krydos said:

Is there anything in the error log or if you have errors displayed in your PHP code is there any error displayed on the page about this?

After enabling password protected directories did you wait 2 hours for the changes to get applied?

Do you have a link to that support request?

I do not see an error message either in the browser or in the logs. The error I mean is the faulty output image from the link http://dl5ark.heliohost.org/blitzortung/blitzortung.php?graph_statistics=strikes_time&bo_lang=de&year=2024&month=01&radius=1 . Can you call up this link on my (presumably still existing) old copy on tommy2? It generated a correct output image there.
I have removed the password protection, access to the subdirectories was possible without a password. I added it again on the upper level, access to the subdirectory was no longer possible. This was done ad hoc, without waiting 2 hours. I will test it again, but do not expect a different result.
Here in May 22, 2022 at https://helionet.org/index/topic/53040-hh762331-plesk-eta-currently-number/ it was about php and the password protected subdirectories. At that time a “Satisfy any” was written in the .htaccess file in a test directory. .htaccess copied, I'll wait a few more hours. Is this still the recommended solution?

Edited by dl5ark1

57 minutes ago, dl5ark1 said:

At that time a “Satisfy any” was written in the .htaccess file in a test directory. .htaccess copied, I'll wait a few more hours. Is this still the recommended solution?

Yes, if you password protect a directory any subdirectories inside the password protected directory with "Satisfy any" in the .htaccess will still be accessible without a password.

1 hour ago, dl5ark1 said:

I do not see an error message either in the browser or in the logs. The error I mean is the faulty output image from the link http://dl5ark.heliohost.org/blitzortung/blitzortung.php?graph_statistics=strikes_time&bo_lang=de&year=2024&month=01&radius=1 . Can you call up this link on my (presumably still existing) old copy on tommy2? It generated a correct output image there.

I don't see any errors either. Here is the PHP 5.6 on the new Tommy https://php56.krydos1.heliohost.org/ and here is the PHP 5.6 on the old Tommy https://php56.krydos.heliohost.org/ Do you see any differences that would affect you? They both have gd and imagick, which are common image generating extensions, but I'm not sure what you're using exactly.

Comparing the two images, good:

image.png.02cdb9208343b618f6c516011a60c26e.png

and bad:

image.png.f114f9aea006f268bc5342faa3f41c61.png

It looks like the only thing that is wrong is the text is missing. Do you know where your script is getting these fonts? Is there a font file that is missing?

4 hours ago, Krydos said:

I just started moving your account. We have had a few people report that their old password didn't get copied over correctly and they had to do a password reset prior to being able to log in to the new server. Let us know if this bug is fixed for you.

Also since you use external DNS we would appreciate some feedback on how clear the instructions on how to update the DNS records are for you.

Let us know if you notice any increased speed, or if you have any other issues.

I never got the email because the account email was set as one belonging to the domain. However, I was able to log in using the old password and set the account notification email externally for now. I also noted the new IP4 and IP6 addresses and have changed them on my Cloudflare panel. I will keep monitoring and as soon as my site is back up I will post here at my earliest convenience since I have a few things coming up within the next couple of hours that will unfortunately take most of my time.

Update: That was quick! Stuff is starting to work 2 minutes are updating IPs.

Edited by Ookma-Kyi

2 hours ago, Ookma-Kyi said:

I never got the email because the account email was set as one belonging to the domain.

Yeah, we always tell people not to do that. We've discussed just suspending people who set their contact email address to something hosted on their account. The analogy I always use is, setting your contact email address to something hosted on your account is like locking your spare car key inside your car. If you lose access to your account for some reason the email address is the only way we have of getting you access again, and if you don't have access to that email address because you lost access to your account then you're screwed.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Krydos said:

Yeah, we always tell people not to do that. We've discussed just suspending people who set their contact email address to something hosted on their account. The analogy I always use is, setting your contact email address to something hosted on your account is like locking your spare car key inside your car. If you lose access to your account for some reason the email address is the only way we have of getting you access again, and if you don't have access to that email address because you lost access to your account then you're screwed.

Apologies, I was transferring my site from another host to here at that time when that email address worked because it was hosted at another server altogether. 

12 hours ago, wolstech said:

Did you update the IP addresses in Cloudflare to match the ones now shown in Plesk? The IP addresses are different on the new Tommy. You may need to turn off the proxy option temporarily too until everything works. Also, as a reminder, for the SSL settings on CF, the "SSL strict" option is not supported.

Live migration doesn't work for Cloudflare users because we can't update your DNS and CF settings for you.

I've already verify that I don't enable CF SSL Strict isn't enabled and i update the A and AAAA record after i got the email. The proxy thing shouldn't have any problem with it in the first place (and it supposedly to make the migration faster because how fast CF updates the record), but i'll try to disable the proxy.

On 9/15/2024 at 9:46 AM, ajhalili2006 said:

I'll be happy to migrate my account (same username in forum) into the new Tommy server. (My usage is mostly on mailboxes with some bursts on MediaWiki related experiments.)

You're on the new server now. Let us know if you are able to login using the same password as before. If there are any other issues with the move please let us know about them as well.

• Like 1