[Solved] Request to convert andreijiroh.dev into primary domain while keeping my helioho.st subdomain as addon

Hi HelioHost team,

I would like to request to add the following domains to my Tommy account (same username as this forum account):

• andreijiroh.dev - addon domain (I might convert this into my main domain and convert my existing helioho.st as an addon in the future)
  • andreijiroh.xyz - alias domain of andreijiroh.dev

Since I am using my PayPal email address to sign up through the donation flow, can I update my email address (both on the main website and in the forum) to my Gmail address to avoid losing administrative emails when both the domains above expire or have DNS-level issues? Thanks in advance.

Yes you can change the email address on your accounts. For the hosting account, in Plesk, click your profile in the upper right->edit and you can change the email. It takes a little while for it to sync into the website.

For the forum, you can edit your forum profile to change it. Note that you need to change the forum email separately from the hosting account, they do not sync with each other.

Domains added. They might take a little while to set up due to other tasks running at the moment, and up to 2 hours to work once they appear in Plesk.

Thanks for the update. One last thing, why incoming emails are limited to 10 per hour per mailbox and can it be raised or do I need to upgrade into a VPS setup (while handling the nightmares of self-hosting email)?

Incoming email shouldn't be limited, but outgoing email is (to prevent people from using our service to send spam). There's also a 50/day cap on outgoing messages.

If you need additional outgoing messages, let us know. There's a few questions you'll need to answer to have the limit raised.

29 minutes ago, wolstech said:

Incoming email shouldn't be limited, but outgoing email is (to prevent people from using our service to send spam). There's also a 50/day cap on outgoing messages.

If you need additional outgoing messages, let us know. There's a few questions you'll need to answer to have the limit raised.

Maybe I am just a bit confused by the UI but thanks.

I don't want to bump my previous ticket relating to the andreijiroh.dev domain, but I am here again to convert the aforementioned domain into my primary domain (while keeping my ajhalili2006.helioho.st subdomain as an add-on domain). Regarding my previous ticket (linked below as a card), do you move directories around to avoid breakage or just nuke and create from scratch?

Thanks in advance for your reply if so.

This is not something that's cleanly supported: We have to fully remove the addon domain, change the main domain, then add the other domain back as an addon. This will cause your document roots to change so your files will need to be moved, and anything else that may have been done to either domain (like setting up mailboxes, or changing PHP versions, etc.) will be undone. 

My advice would be to leave it as it is.

Are you sure you want to do this?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, wolstech said:

This is not something that's cleanly supported: We have to fully remove the addon domain, change the main domain, then add the other domain back as an addon. This will cause your document roots to change so your files will need to be moved, and anything else that may have been done to either domain (like setting up mailboxes, or changing PHP versions, etc.) will be undone. 

My advice would be to leave it as it is.

Are you sure you want to do this?

Per the setup nightmare warning, I would simply cancel this request out of caution for now. Thanks for that note. (Please also lock the thread since I'll marking it as resolved.)