[Solved] Imagick Class and Ming

Byron

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No there's not an htaccess file in that directory the script is in or the directory the image is in. Below is the url of the image and the script. I would post the url of the script but each time somebody clicked onto it it would produce a core file.

http://sonny175.heliohost.org/images/Back.jpg

<?php
$image = new Imagick("../images/Back.jpg");
$image->charcoalImage(1, 2);
header("Content-type: image/jpeg");
echo $image;
?>

I don't think that's it. My understanding is that PECL extensions don't add php.ini directives, so the only thing they could be doing by separating their php.ini is running their extension= directives in a separate file.

I thought the problem might be that I built ImageMagick without Perl, but after I fixed the issue preventing the installation with Perl and subsequently installed ImageMagick with Perl support, the issue remains.

At this point I've tried the PECL-installed ImageMagick, the latest stable version, the latest beta version, and an old version. All versions are producing these coredumps.

Any ideas as to what I should try?

Any ideas as to what I should try?

No not at this moment. :( What usually causes a core dump? After you figure this out can we go back with the newest version? :)

=================================

Although this thread isn't talking about our exact problem, it may give you some ideas on what to check?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1034628...class-undefined

UPDATE:

I've been doing some testing using different functions and found that not all functions cause a core dump. This script with CropImage() doesn't produce a core file.

<?php
$image = new Imagick("../Banner/Image-Tool.jpg"); 
$image->cropImage( 20,20, 50,40 );
echo $image;
?>

Ths script with charcoalImage() will cause a core file but other than that it still works.

<?php
$image = new Imagick("../images/Back.jpg");
$image->charcoalImage(1, 2);
echo $image;
?>

And I believe it was thumbnailimage() that also caused a core file.

Does that tell you anything djbob?

Coredumps happen on segfaults. This means that there are bugs in the code. In other words, this is certainly Imagick's fault - the question is how and if we can get around it.

The problem you linked to wasn't similar. That person probably just had two versions of PHP. The specific functions aren't that helpful (to me) either.

I could theoretically recompile PHP with debug symbols and then run a debugger on the coredump, using the backtrace to either Google the bug or to file a bug report with the Imagick folks (probably the latter). However, I'm not sure this is worth a system recompilation (since cPanel requires recompiling everything just to recompile PHP).

However, I'm not sure this is worth a system recompilation (since cPanel requires recompiling everything just to recompile PHP).

What did you do to get Imagick to work when we upgraded php, do you remember? Did we loose something when we got attacked? I'm just wondering if it's something simple that we're missing.

I just had ImageMagick persistently installed, and I would reinstall the imagick PECL extension on every PHP rebuild. It could be that the new ImageMagick has a bug, or that the old one was compiled with an extra library that was used instead of a library that's currently used, and the extra library didn't cause a segfault. But those kind of problems are hard to debug.

I really don't know what to do at this point. I would suggest contacting some mailing lists to see if they know what's going on, or if they have any suggestions.

Okay, I've installed Ghostscript and recompiled ImageMagick to include it.

See if this thread helps you any djbb.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=857053

EDIT:

Just incase that thread doesn't give you any ideas, let me get my story straight before I go posting all over the internets. :)

What was our ImageMagick version and Imagick version before we were DDoS'ed (and all was well)?

So then you upgraded to ImageMagick Version 6.6.1 and Imagick version 2.3.0 and that gave us core files so you went with Imagick version 2.2.2 and we're still at core files, right?

If we don't come up with anything, how hard would it be to go back to what we had?