[Solved] subdomain not working

Posted (edited)

I have a program to create my website and uses the following variables to do so:

<Placeholders>

<!-- Before building the database, set the following placeholders to match your server -->

<Placeholder> <Name>  $SERVER$  </Name> <Content>  /home/site/dbs  </Content> </Placeholder>

<Placeholder> <Name>  $DOMAIN$  </Name> <Content>  https://dna-tree.srboylan.com               </Content> </Placeholder>

<Placeholder> <Name>  $SITE$  </Name> <Content>  dna-tree                 </Content> </Placeholder>

<Placeholder> <Name>  $DATABASE_NAME$  </Name> <Content>  $SITE$.sqlite  </Content> </Placeholder>

</Placeholders>

My current website structure:

dna-tree.srboylan.com

cgi-bin

dbs/dna-tree.sqlite

..plugins/gigatrees

..plugins/googlemaps

..plugins/iso3166

..plugins/lang.eng

..plugins/theme.a

logs

.htaccess

includes.php

pdodriver.php

plesk.html

router.php

I created the site and uploaded it but it does not work. Router.php starts the website running. My question is how do I setup the variables to get the website created and if I have the structure correct. Dna-tree.sqlite needs to be unreachable by any hackers. I plan to regenerate the site and upload again when I find out from you how to set the variables.

Do I need httpdocs like my main domain?

My username is boylansr, email is (removed) and subdomain is dna-tree.srboylan.com.

Edited by MoneyBroz
Removed email for security reasons

<Placeholder> <Name>  $SERVER$  </Name> <Content>  /home/site/dbs  </Content> </Placeholder>

This path is wrong. Looking at where the file is currently, the path should be /home/srboylan.com/dna-tree.srboylan.com/dbs I edited the path in includes.php and it looks like its trying to work now. I can't test further because I can't log into it.

I also commented out an invalid die() statement from the top of router.php that was responsible for the "unexpected variable $router_debug" message (the error was due to a missing semicolon).