Fix erroneously text on main site

The main site has an italic 2 after the 10 domains text. Scrolling to the very bottom states that it is upgradable. However the wiki states it’s 10 max which is what Krydos stated to me. I’m guessing that this is an artifact of the CPanel days. Might I suggest offering the upgrade for a small donation?

IMG_0017.png

IMG_0016.png

It's a future offering we're considering that hasn't been built or released, and has no ETA (assuming its implemented at all). Back in the cPanel days there was no domain limit.

We probably should edit the footnote to say that it's a planned feature as its currently not something you can get...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wolstech said:

It's a future offering we're considering that hasn't been built or released, and has no ETA (assuming its implemented at all). Back in the cPanel days there was no domain limit.

We probably should edit the footnote to say that it's a planned feature as its currently not something you can get...

Good idea! I saw on the website that Plesk has an unlimited domains plan. Is there a reason why you are limiting them?

10 minutes ago, wolstech said:

They're limited primarily because every domain added to a server decreases the performance of apache and makes it take longer to restart.

Wasn't it still a problem when you were running CPanel though?

Kind of. We didn't have as many users on the servers (especially Tommy) at the time, and I believe we also had a user recently who asked for some astronomical number of domains. Since every domain added slows the server down, it's not fair for a few users with a ton of domains to impact everyone else, so we added a limit.

The same performance impact associated with domains is also why domains that are added but not actually hosted here now disable themselves after a while. Disabled domains have no performance impact.