[Solved] PHP Not Working on my server

stewguy

Hi there,

I finally got fed up with WordPress's clunkiness. After removing WordPress, my server is no longer opening php files. If I point to a .php file directly, it tries to download it instead of opening it.

In fact, it does not seem to look for index.php files when going to a folder. It instead tries to open the bare directory, which, of course results in a 403 error. Phpinfo is also not working from the PHP configuration page, clicking on it just goes to a blank white page.

Maybe the WordPress uninstall did not go well and broke something. I've backed up my folders and databases. I'm wondering if I should request the entire domain to be wiped clean and start all over.

User account: stewguy
Web address: stew.heliohost.org

Anyone have advice?

Edited by stewguy

It's the same exact thing. The button just isn't implemented on the user side for self service yet. :) 

I will have to manually set your domain back to stew.heliohost.org after you finish the reset, as heliohost.org is no longer offered for user domains. During registration just pick something else, then let me know when you're finished setting up the new account so I can set the domain back to stew.heliohost.org.

Your account has been reset, please look for an email with a link to complete the process. (It may be in your spam folder).

Thanks, I got the email message. I must confess, when I went to handle the account I was interrupted by a loud sound I couldn't identify. When I came back, out of confusion and force of habit, I tried to log in with my email address (not username) and password instead of using the link first. It accepted the email/password and said "Already transferred to plesk" but did not actually log me in.

Then I tried to use the link and it seemed to work but said stewguy wasn't available when I tried to pick my username. But the email message says you can use your old username. So I opened another browser separately in a private window, and tried to log in with my old username to see if I still had my username or someone else swiped it and it did the same "Already transferred to plesk" without logging me in.

So there are either still remnants of my account username hanging around or more likely, I accidentally half-recreated my username by logging in with my email address. I'm not sure what using a different username would do at this point and I'm hesitant to try it.

I guess... reset it again? Lol
Sorry for messing things up

The name isn't available because your forum account email does not match the hosting account email where the invite was sent. When a forum account with a given username exists, only the email address on the forum account is allowed to create a hosting account under that username.

There's four possible fixes:

• Re-send the invite to the email address on your forum account instead.
  • Change the forum account's email address to match the invite email.
  • Change your forum account's username so the name is not taken by anything.
  • Pick a different username for the hosting account.

How do you want to go about this?

Ah, it was an email address issue! Thanks! After you brought it to my attention, I took a look and it turns out my forum account email address was out of date and needed updated anyway. So I updated it to match the hosting account email address and was able to create the account.

The username is stewguy and the domain is stew.heliohost.us. The creation process is finished and it tells me that it might be two hours for that domain to be live but I'm guessing that it might be ready for the domain name change to stew.heliohost.org.

Edited by stewguy