short.io setup

carlos77

Hello, I'm javalan. Was wondering if i can use my helioho.st domain to host the short.io url shortening service. This is the instructions they provide for domain manager:

These instructions will guide you in setting up domain link.javalan.helioho.st to create short links by SHORT.IO. After setup, the domain will point all HTTP and HTTPS requests to SHORT.IO servers, so that's how short links will work. Step 1: Go to your domain registrar, sign in, and locate the domain DNS Manage section. Step 2: Create a new type CNAME record with a name 'link.javalan' (no quotes) and value 'cname.short.io' (no quotes). Save changes. So you will see a new record: link.javalan CNAME cname.short.io Done! Now wait for the server's updates; it might take 1-2 hours. We will notify you by email.

Is this possible?

Regards,

javalan

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2023 at 3:00 PM, carlos77 said:

Hello, I'm javalan. Was wondering if i can use my helioho.st domain to host the short.io url shortening service. This is the instructions they provide for domain manager:

These instructions will guide you in setting up domain link.javalan.helioho.st to create short links by SHORT.IO. After setup, the domain will point all HTTP and HTTPS requests to SHORT.IO servers, so that's how short links will work. Step 1: Go to your domain registrar, sign in, and locate the domain DNS Manage section. Step 2: Create a new type CNAME record with a name 'link.javalan' (no quotes) and value 'cname.short.io' (no quotes). Save changes. So you will see a new record: link.javalan CNAME cname.short.io Done! Now wait for the server's updates; it might take 1-2 hours. We will notify you by email.

Is this possible?

Regards,

javalan

You can Do That If You have your own domain, Not a sub domain in any server. For creating CNAME Records You've to access the dns of the domain. But Only if you have a domain then you can Access That (Not Sub-Domains). If you want still there are free Domain Name Providers.