500 Internal Error and Couldn't connect to server through FTP!

Kendy

Hi supporters!

This week I cannot connect to server through FTP File Zilla. It always show up the message "Could not connect to server". And sometimes like today, I cannot view my forum cause error 500. I also see error 500 seven to eight times a day. Eachtime take more than 30minutes to 40minutes. This is so difficult to my members! I hope you can help me to resolve this system's problem!

Thank you very much for your support!

Regards!

There was a series of failures in January when HelioHost was not reachable at all. This seems to be fixed.

At the moment, I'm getting since two days the Error 500 - one month after the previously known issue.

To convince yourself: electromoth.co.cc

By the way, I find it interesting that it is still possible to display my customized error page. This means that single files may still be requested, but web page access is no longer supported. Maybe it's just a bad configuration of Apache?

EDIT: I found out that only PHP pages cause trouble.

EDIT 2: I changed the index document to a HTML so that visitors don't have to see the 500 message. To check the error page, you could visit this page.

My htaccess in public_html/ is nothing

My htaccess in forum/ is:

# 
# @package phpBB3 Portal  a.k.a canverPortal  ( www.phpbb3portal.com )
# @version $Id: .htaccess,v 1.7 2008/02/09 08:18:13 angelside Exp $
# @copyright (c) Canver Software - www.canversoft.net
# @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License 
# 

DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html index.htm

#
# Uncomment the statement below if you want to make use of
# HTTP authentication and it does not already work.
# This could be required if you are for example using PHP via Apache CGI.
#
#<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
#RewriteEngine on
#RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]
#</IfModule>

<Files "config.php">
Order Allow,Deny
Deny from All
</Files>

<Files "common.php">
Order Allow,Deny
Deny from All
</Files>

Sometimes I see 500 Internal Error when I access some pages that request mysql connect. When I go to my homepage (no mysql connect) everything is ok! It still happen uptil now and it make me difficulties to show my site to my friends!

Have you added any new programs on your site that would have changed the htaccess file. Check your htaccess for me.

Wow, thanks for that quick reply.

I checked my .htaccess in the root directory and it's still the same like the one of an older backup.

Additionally, I wrote my pages by myself so I can be sure that no script has changed the .htaccess.

Any other ideas? I'm starting to get worried about this.

I checked the log file. Images and my error 500 page were accessible, but PHP pages encountered the mentioned error.

Regards,

Nick

I did some experiments. Now I am sure that my problem is caused by the Apache's PHP unit:

HTML files work properly. To make sure it wasn't my fault (e.g. because of a bad PHP script), I uploaded a simple PHP script echoing some text - and I got the error 500 message. Then, I uploaded a HTML document, appended the .php-suffix, and I got the error again. There must be a basic problem with the PHP unit.

I would appreciate help by an admin.

I would appreciate help by an admin.

Make another post in Customer Service explaining your problem and I'll escalate it. Be sure to post your domain name and username.

Sometimes I see 500 Internal Error when I access some pages that request mysql connect. When I go to my homepage (no mysql connect) everything is ok! It still happen uptil now and it make me difficulties to show my site to my friends!

Kendy your problem is the same problem everybody is having and the administrator is working on it.