Email Configuration

retrope

hello! our emails arrive in some places as "spam" and other times it does not arrive, sometimes it does in others. They told me that we need to activate the protocols called SPF and DKIM, as well as a PTR record. How to do it in domains (2)? thank you so much!

You actually need to do this yourself since you use Cloudflare. They're DNS records.

For SPF create a TXT record with this value (leave name blank): 

"v=spf1 ip4:65.19.141.77 ip6:2001:470:1:1ee::2002 ~all"

For DMARC, create a TXT record with the name _dmarc and the value: 

"v=DMARC1; p=none"

For DKIM, you can enable that in Plesk. It will give you the DNS record you need to create with the key in it. It varies for each user (and changes if you turn DKIM off and back on).

The PTR record does not apply because you share an IP with everyone else on the server. The PTR record already exists and points 65.19.141.77 to tommy2.heliohost.org.

Note that if your account ever gets moved to the .106 IP we sometimes use as part of a DDoS mitigation, email may stop working until the account moves back.

2 hours ago, wolstech said:

En realidad, debe hacerlo usted mismo, ya que usa Cloudflare. Son registros DNS.

Para SPF, cree un registro TXT con este valor (deje el nombre en blanco): 

"v=spf1 ip4:65.19.141.77 ip6:2001:470:1:1ee::2002 ~todos" 

Para DMARC, cree un registro TXT con el nombre _dmarc y el valor: 

"v=DMARC1; p=ninguno" 

Para DKIM, puede habilitarlo en Plesk. Le dará el registro DNS que necesita crear con la clave. Varía para cada usuario (y cambia si apaga y vuelve a encender DKIM).

El registro PTR no se aplica porque comparte una IP con todos los demás en el servidor. El registro PTR ya existe y apunta 65.19.141.77 a tommy2.heliohost.org.

Tenga en cuenta que si su cuenta alguna vez se mueve a la IP .106 que a veces usamos como parte de una mitigación DDoS, el correo electrónico puede dejar de funcionar hasta que la cuenta se mueva de nuevo.

I understand what you are saying and I will do it after fixing a problem. and it is that the websites radioretroperu.com and fmlima.com are not available online. The only change I made yesterday was to change the dns .106 changed to .77 and now the web does not run, maybe I am missing something to configure?

I have made the following modifications in cloudflare:

;; A Records
radioretroperu.com.    1    IN    A    xx.xx.xx.x7

;; AAAA Records
radioretroperu.com.    1    IN    AAAA    xxxx:xx0:1:1ee::2002

;; CNAME Records
www.radioretroperu.com.    1    IN    CNAME    radioretroperu.com.

;; MX Records
radioretroperu.com.    1    IN    MX    0 radioretroperu.com.

;; TXT Records
radioretroperu.com.    1    IN    TXT    "v=spf1 ip4:xx.xx.xxx.x7 ip6:xxxx:xx0:1:1ee::2002 ~all"
_dmarc.radioretroperu.com.    1    IN    TXT    "v=DMARC1; p=none"

I can see 2 warnings: (image)

The website is still not available, it cannot be viewed. what am i missing?

The .77 IP is down again due to another DDoS attack.

We're in the process of moving everyone back to the other IP. Please change back to the .106 IP and wait, your site will come online automatically over the next few hours when it moves on our end.

10 minutes ago, wolstech said:

The .77 IP is down again due to another DDoS attack.

We're in the process of moving everyone back to the other IP. Please change back to the .106 IP and wait, your site will come online automatically over the next few hours when it moves on our end.

well, I made the change of ip .106 it only shows the default page of plesk, I suppose that we only have to wait and return the content to our website. thank you.

49 minutes ago, wolstech said:

Correct. The account has not moved yet and will probably take a little while to do so. Once it happens (and Apache restarts), the account will show its normal content again.

Hello again! Thanks for the information, I have made all the changes and additions in the cloudflare panel dns, all apparently done successfully. the websites can already be seen and are online. However, I cannot enter the email panel from the browser  www.webmail.<domain> . I suppose it is due to the movement of the ip to .106?

24 minutes ago, retrope said:

Hello again! Thanks for the information, I have made all the changes and additions in the cloudflare panel dns, all apparently done successfully. the websites can already be seen and are online. However, I cannot enter the email panel from the browser  www.webmail.<domain> . I suppose it is due to the movement of the ip to .106?

UPDATE everything is working for the moment without problems. I will finish the configuration of the email and any question, if necessary I will return. Thanks for the support. For now done. thank you so much.