Server change request

m_adel

Hi,

I registered through the donor option some time ago and I'm currently developing a windows app using remote mysql you provide.
The server response is a bit slow and I'm wondering if it's possible to get my account transferred to another server. I see that Ricky has a low load.
Would it help transferring to Ricky in my case? If yes and it is possible, then kindly transfer my account there.

Domain name: <removed>

Username: <removed>
Server name: <removed>

Thank you.

@wolstech I understand. I'm not sure if it's from my side but everything is slow, from trying to connect from browser to tommy2.heliohost.org:8443/ to just clicking around the plesk control panel, everything takes like 5 seconds to load, is that normal and expected or am I doing something wrong?

Also, it it possible to help me enable some mysql options like cache, disable dns resolve etc.? (I connect to remote db using IP address 65.19.141.77 but I've read that disabling the dns resolver option helps sometimes. I'm not an expert on mysql so if you know some methods that can help my case I'd be greatly appreciative.

I removed the details from first post for privacy reasons but please let me know if you aren't able to see them. (I assume you are able to since I also assume that this forum software keeps a history of edits to posts).

Thanks.

========
Edit:
I've tried pinging 65.19.141.77 and I'm getting a constant 198ms. Which is understandable considering that your servers are in the US and that's the typical ping I get to the US.

Also, timing a simple "select * from <table>" where <table> has 7 rows takes about 202ms so considering the initial ping value, that's fair. I guess I'm out of luck getting this improved. Although, I'd still greatly appreciate any help in this matter, it is not expected, especially considering this is provided for free.

The forum does not keep edit history, but I can find your account by your email address anyway.

Yeah that's about right for Tommy's Plesk, but the websites themselves should perform better than the control panel does. It's a capacity issue...it was the major reason we had to move a bunch of people to Johnny instead of Tommy when we did the migrations for old users, and one of the reasons why we no longer offer free accounts on Tommy. For logging in, there's no need to use port 8443. You can log in at https://heliohost.org/login/ or just https://tommy2.heliohost.org/ and it will work just as well.

You cannot request the DNS resolver be disabled as it would break the server and is widely used by other accounts as well as Plesk itself. If you meant the name server that's built into plesk, that's already disabled.

For caching and the like, you'd need to request something specific and Krydos would need to decide on it and make the changes if approved.

• Like 1