[Solved] Plesk Backup enable local ftp

nyten

hi, i tried to setup a sheduled backup to be able to download the archive periodicly via curl like in cpanel. Can the local ftp output be enabled? Using the local Plesk's FTP server as a remote storage is prohibited. Please specify a remote location.

This does not appear to be an option in Plesk per their documentation.

It would be a bad idea anyway: Depending on the account's available space, dumping the scheduled backup into your account could unexpectedly cause the account to exceed quota when generated and get you suspended. In addition, if a backup runs and is not picked up and deleted from the server before the next backup, the following backup would include the previous backup inside it, causing the backups to just grow exponentially until the account suspends for lack of space.

it can be enabled in Home / Tools & Settings / Backup Manager

the download script worked for years in cpanel and deleted the old file before the backup ran again. the storage folder would be excluded anyway just to be sure..

Ack, I didn't look at the system settings, just user settings for your account. There is indeed a option for "Allow setting up FTP backup storage on the local server" in the system-wide options. Since I can't do this per-user and it was allowed on cPanel, it's been enabled on Plesk as well.

Please make sure your backups do not include previous backups.

If your account runs out of space you'll end up in a weird half suspended state where an admin will need to delete your backups for you to get unsuspended...

• Like 1