FTP Server is VERY Slow

cl58

For the past few days, my FTP server has been going VERY slow. If it even connects within a reasonable amount of time, it takes SO long to list directories. If that works, it takes SO long to upload/download a file. It really has gotten to be unbearable. Is this server-wide or a problem with my account? I use FireFTP and FileZilla.

No, I will as soon as I can get to another one. Sometimes if I disconnect and reconnect it goes back to normal, but then eventually it gets slower. Also, sometimes it is not as bad as I explained, but still less than normal.

No, I will as soon as I can get to another one. Sometimes if I disconnect and reconnect it goes back to normal, but then eventually it gets slower. Also, sometimes it is not as bad as I explained, but still less than normal.

There hasn't been any other issues reported with FTP, which is why I think it's a bottleneck on your end.

I occasionally have issues uploading (says too many connections from my IP.....) and I limit the connection to 1 upload connection and 1 ftp connection...and somehow it says I have 8 connection to the server...and nobody else on my IP even uses the host...is there a limit on the ftp or is it just that there's an 'upload size' limit on the bandwidth?