[Solved] Plesk didn't issue certificate for webmail subdomain

murilo

Hey,

When I had my main domain switched to murilo.eu.org, Plesk generated a certificate for murilo.eu.org, which had www.murilo.eu.org and webmail.murilo.eu.org in scope, and other certificates for each subdomain I have.

Recently, my certificates were renewed and that one no longer has webmail.murilo.eu.org in scope, and no different certificate was issued for it.

Although the control panel has a message saying "Webmail not secured", I'm not seeing any options to generate a certificate like how the old one was, a wildcard certificate for my domain or a certificate only for webmail.

Please help!

You just have to reissue it and check the right boxes:

image.png.2bb0e6ef37970b866902b7cb88673f39.png

Wildcard certificates aren't currently supported. I went ahead and reissued the certificate for you to see if there were any errors maybe, but it worked just fine on the first try.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 12:48 AM, Krydos said:

You just have to reissue it and check the right boxes:

image.png.2bb0e6ef37970b866902b7cb88673f39.png

Wildcard certificates aren't currently supported. I went ahead and reissued the certificate for you to see if there were any errors maybe, but it worked just fine on the first try.

Oh, I didn't see I could reissue certificates by myself. Thanks, Krydos. Anyways, why it doesn't renew the certificates having these options enabled by default? 

13 hours ago, murilo said:

why it doesn't renew the certificates having these options enabled by default?

Not sure. I assumed it would. My personal account on Plesk has existed since July 2021 and I've never had to reissue SSL certificates for it. All 14 domains renew automatically. I guess we'll see in 60 days if your certificates renew like they're supposed to.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 7:12 PM, Krydos said:

Not sure. I assumed it would. My personal account on Plesk has existed since July 2021 and I've never had to reissue SSL certificates for it. All 14 domains renew automatically. I guess we'll see in 60 days if your certificates renew like they're supposed to.

Yeah.