CNAME in cPanel

selcuk

Hi there!

My account name is selcuk as well and I would like to add CNAME entries for Google Apps. I think since I have no chance to change it inside cPanel, I have to request, am I right?

If so, would you please add these entries:

mail ghs.google.com

takvim ghs.google.com

sayfa ghs.google.com

belge ghs.google.com

Thank you so much, in advance!

but when i tried en error appears:

You must have the zoneedit feature to take this action. You currently only have the simplezoneedit feature.

selcuk,

There is an option named 'Simple DNS Zone Editor' where you can add CNAME entries :)

but when i tried en error appears:

You must have the zoneedit feature to take this action. You currently only have the simplezoneedit feature.

wow! i didn't know that 'cause many hosts serving with cpanel doesn't have this option indeed.

selcuk,

There is an option named 'Simple DNS Zone Editor' where you can add CNAME entries :)

put your full domain like mail.domainname.com pointing to ghs.google.com, that made the trick for me

it worked! it worked, i added other records but i could not add "mail.mydomain.com"

it gives the error: That name is reserved (already in use). this time.

Also i tried to add it as a subdomain giving the document root "/public_html/mail" by default, it was nearly ok with "mail.mysite.com has been created!". Then i couldn't see any subdomain to modify?!

So what should i do now really??

quick note: when i try to enter mail.mydomain.com i see the page of heliohost, HelioHost Account Queued, though there's nothin wrong with main site and google apps pages!

Delete mail.mydomain.com from the records first. You shouldn't have tried to make it a subdomain. Now you'll probably have to delete the subdomain, wait a few days, then delete the CNAME records for mail, then add the google equivalent.

Delete mail.mydomain.com from the records first. You shouldn't have tried to make it a subdomain. Now you'll probably have to delete the subdomain, wait a few days, then delete the CNAME records for mail, then add the google equivalent.

Ok.

1. I deleted mail.mydomain.com from CNAME records -I have to add that i saw a new one with "www.mail.mydomain.com" Type "A" record. I think it's related with subdomain.

2. Anyway, now there are only three records: site.mydomain.com, belge.mydomain.com, and takvim.mydomain.com as CNAME type records.

3. I could not delete any subdomain since there it says: No Subdomains are configured, in Subdomains section. There seems to be no subdomains, i think.

BUT!

I see two domain names in Create a Subdomain section! One is mydomain.com other is mail.mydomain.com! How did it happen?

Also It's the same in MX Entry Maintenance section!

I can send and get emails with aspmx.l.google.com MX Entry for mydomain.com right now.

Problem is that I don't want to see this mail.mydomain.com domain in those sections. I just want when I enter the url, mail.mydomain.com, it should redirect me to google apps' gmail. That's all.

What should I do now?

Same problem happened for me, I ended deleting my account :(

Now I'm using an external DNS service pointing heliohost with an A record as mine still seems to be bugged (can't add mail.kboom.cl and my website if I use the heliohost nameservers still shows as queued)

well. i made it by adding a subdomain as mail.mydomain.com and redirected it. i waited only one day for approval. i think you can't add a subdomain quickly on heliohost's system, you have to wait for a while for approval as well. other pages were ok but at just "mail" issue there is a CNAME problem.

anyway, thank you for the info kbloom : )

i loved this host. fast pages, perfect uptime. i'm just thinkin about the bandwidth :unsure: