[Solved] Character encoding

BumBuliiC

Hi...

I'm installed PHP-Fusion v7 with my country language "Latvian". At First everything loks fine, but when i go to Admin panel the language is garbled like this: (there are "?" where is needed character like " ē ū ī ā š ģ ķ ļ ž č ņ "

Can you say what is the problem and how to fix it???

I'm very sorry for my bad English....

ScreenShot001.bmp

Did you perhaps edit the Admin panel without choosing the correct encoding? This is from the edit page of the cpanel.

It is very important that you select the proper encoding; saving your file with the wrong encoding may result in the corruption of your text. If you are only using a Western European language like English, Spanish or French without any special characters you can safely assume "ISO-8859-1" will work just fine. If you are using a non-western language or you have special characters that are not HTML encoded in your file, you should enter "utf-8". If your file appears with text like this: or You may have selected the incorrect encoding. If this happens, you should immediately abort the edit and select the correct encoding. You should not save the file; this will likely corrupt the text permanently.

Try modifying the encoding through your browser. This is a different process for each browser, but should be relatively easy from some toolbar. Let me know if that works. It wouldn't be a solution, but it'll help pinpoint the issue.

Try modifying the encoding through your browser. This is a different process for each browser, but should be relatively easy from some toolbar. Let me know if that works. It wouldn't be a solution, but it'll help pinpoint the issue.