Account Suspended

webgeek

Username: SWAdmin

Domain name: swrpg.heliohost.org

It seems that my account was suspended. When I try to go to my site, I get a DNS error. Also, I cannot log into CPanel from the main site.

I used my MSN email account to register this account, and since hotmail is blocking heliohost emails, I never saw the suspension notice.

I tried to reactivate my account at http://www.heliohost.org/scripts/renew.php , but it says that my account either does not exist or is not inactive.

Is there any way I can get my account reactivated or at least get a dump of my database? I like what is being done here at heliohost and the community that has formed around it as well. I wish to continue using these services.

Thank you for any help that can be given,

webgeek

Unfortunately, it's looking like your account has been permanently deleted. This happens more than a week after you get suspended, and you get two emails warning you. There's nothing we can recover now :(

You can signup for a new account, though.

Unfortunately, it's looking like your account has been permanently deleted.
:sigh: That's not cool.

Are there no server-wide backups that the database can be pulled out of?

I was running a forum, and I don't mind rebuilding the forum itself, but I hadn't backed up the database for at least a month before my site was suspended. That's a lot of posts to lose. Though I suppose that's mostly my fault for not backing things up often enough. *reminds self to set up a weekly backup cron job on next account*

I'll sign up for another account. It would be nice to be able to restore everything, but if there are no backups, I'll make something work.

Thanks for the response,

webgeek

Could you post or PM me the code for the cron job... I think I need to backup! :D

You don't need to run a cron job to generate a backup. Just go to your cpanel backup and then click the link "Download or Generate a Full Backup" and then leave all of the forms blank unless you want it ftp'd to another server and then click "Generate Backup" and it will leave the zip file in your user directory for you to upload.