google blocking email.

juang1

Not really a question but I wasn't sure where to post this.

A few months ago I was able to normally send messages to gmail accounts from xxx@juang1.heliohost.us but now I'm getting this

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

xxxx

host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [209.85.200.27]

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:

550-5.7.1 [65.19.141.67 19] Our system has detected that this message is

550-5.7.1 likely suspicious due to the very low reputation of the sending

550-5.7.1 domain. To best protect our users from spam, the message has been

550-5.7.1 blocked. Please visit

550 5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/188131 for more

It's because Johnny was used to conduct a phishing campaign. He's also blocked by Microsoft and AOL last I checked, and is listed on SORBS as well (apparently since April 7...). We already banned the phishing accounts, but it takes time for the mail providers to unblock the server once the junk mail stops. There isn't much we can do now other than to wait.

Also, this is the first time I've seen non-enterprise Google mail completely reject mail for bad reputation. Usually it just quietly delivers to the spam folder and you "Not Spam" it so they don't go there in the future...

hey wolstech, thanks for your reply!

quote : It's because Johnny was used to conduct a phishing campaign a week ago

Damn, that's pretty frustrating. It's really sad to see the service being abused =/

quote : There isn't much we can do now other than to wait.

Oh you think google will eventually lift the ban?

quote : Usually it just quietly delivers to the spam folder and you "Not Spam" it so they don't go there in the future

I had sent a few messages to that gmail address in the past, so I'd expect my @juang1.heliohost.us address to be automatically whitelisted but I guess such behaviour would be too smart and sensible for google so instead they just block everything.

We get tons of phishing unfortunately. Pretty common for any free web host.

I'm sure Google will eventually unblock us. The other always providers do. In the past Microsoft was the one well known for outright blocking our mail when this sort of thing happens, and they love being extremely stubborn about delisting...even their blocks cleared up with time.

It's worth noting that Ricky and Tommy aren't blocked either, so moving servers is an option too (free if you want to delete your account and try to sign up at midnight for a free account, or for $1 we can move the existing one). Buying a dedicated IP ($12/year) can also fix this, as it makes your account's mail come from a separate address so it's not affected by the normal shared IP getting blocked.