[Solved] Problem changing domain

Guest hbchat

I am having a real problem changing my main domain. I'm trying to change my curent domain hbtimes.heliohost.us, to hbchat.heliohost.us, but when I do that on the change domain script, it says it has been changed, but it doesn't change, it stays on the hbtimes.heliohost.us domain. What can I do to resolve this.

So, the domain change script was written 1000 years ago when the servers spoke the cryptic language of xml-api. Gradually over the millennia the wizards of cpanel phased that language out and taught all the servers to speak all sorts of random short lived languages such as api2 uapi and stuff that we pretty much ignored because if it isn't broke don't fix it, right? At this point xml-api is completely unsupported, but oddly enough it still works, just not all the time, and no one knows why it works and it hasn't even supposed to work for like 500 years now or so. The new scripts use the latest most modern language of json-api and it always works. So when we rewrite the domain change page we will use json-api and it should always work, and then everyone can live happily ever after. The end.

• Like 1

I'm assuming that's the case with the delete account script, right? I kind of figured the scripts were old, I know you had them on the old site quite awhile ago, like 2014 or so, when I first found out about helio host.

I'm assuming that's the case with the delete account script, right? I kind of figured the scripts were old, I know you had them on the old site quite awhile ago, like 2014 or so, when I first found out about helio host.

This is the case with most of the site itself, let alone the scripts. Lots of stuff to revamp, hopefully enough time to do them.