Newbie messes up...can I start over, please?

GaryM

I messed up the preconfigured folders in my subdomain big time when trying to delete some files I uploaded, and made some other errors that would be simpler to just wipe out rather than try to fix.

Djbob, can you totally delete my subdomain's current contents and reload the stock file structure? I want to start over from scratch with an empty subdomain, but I need the preconfigured folder structure reestablished. I don't want to lose my existing subdomain name, just want a "clean slate" to work from.

Unfortunately, there is no feature to reestablish the stock file structure. I can delete your account for you, at which point you can signup again. I would recommend just putting the information folders back in... really all you need is public_html.

I think it might be best just to have you delete my subdomain and let me start over, so you have my permission to do so.

Will I need to use a different subdomain name when I go through the sign-up process again, or will I be able to re-register under the same subdomain name after your deletion? Will I need to use a new username? I don't want the system to reject my new registration because it thinks I'm trying to get an additional account, so please tell me exactly how I need to proceed to get a new subdomain trouble-free.