[Inactive] Can i know the limits PostgreSQL db??

prg

Hy sir,

Is there any cache limit for Postgresql on Tommy server?? Because I'm getting slow response from my db. When more requests are given, it's getting slow... that's why asked,is there any limit like number of connections or cache limit or anything that will make the db slow?

There is a maximum number of connections total added between all users, but the number of user connections is currently unlimited. If someone starts to use up all the connections and causes issues for other people connecting to their databases we suspend them. If using up all the server's connections becomes a common problem we may add a per user limit. Right now the server looks fine though. You've only got 3 connections open which isn't too bad.

• Like 1

How slow are we talking about here? Sometimes Tommy has a load spike for a minute or two, but he's the fastest shared hosting server we have. If you want to go even faster than Tommy you'd have to move up to a VPS which start at $4 per month for 2 GB memory, 2 cpus, and 50 GB hard drive, or you can get a 10% discount if you pay for 6 months up front which makes the monthly cost $3.60. That VPS sale is only good until we reach our goal on the fundraiser though.