[Solved] .de addon domain woes

mabass

Hi,

I'm trying to configure the addon-domain audax-abc.de but am running into issues.

The new subdomain audax-abc.mabass.heliohost.org works as intended, with custom htaccess routing.

However, audax-abc.de ends up refering to mabass.heliohost.org, instead of behaving as expected.

This might possibly be related to the .de-woes described here and here

The DENIC predelegation check does indeed complain when testing audax-abc.de

Though maybe I've missed something?

Edited by mabass

Take a look at your A records for audax-abc.de

https://dnschecker.org/#A/audax-abc.de

Half of the world's DNS servers are using the wrong ipv4 of 217.160.0.41 instead of Tommy's IP 65.19.143.6. Some of the NS records are showing up wrong too

https://dnschecker.org/#NS/audax-abc.de

It can sometimes take up to 48 hours for the DNS to fully propagate through the whole internet so if you changed the DNS records of this domain recently within the last 48 hours it might just be a matter of waiting patiently for it to start working.

Alright thanks. It's indeed a recent change. I was confused as it was properly refering to heliohost but ending up in the root public_html.

Should I be concerned that DENIC is complaining about being unable to access a port?

Edited by mabass

Oh weird, both ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org are running identical dns software with identical configurations with the same operating system and they both have functional ipv6 addresses configured correctly. Ns1 was listening on ipv4 port 53 but not on ipv6 port 53. Ns2 was listening on both ipv4 and ipv6. So if someone tried to connect to 2001:470:1:1ee::3 port 53 it was closed. I'm not sure why they were behaving differently since they're set up the same way. I checked the firewall on both and ipv6 port 53 is open in both firewalls too. It's just named wasn't listening on that ipv6 port correctly for some reason. I edited the configuration on ns1 and it's responding correctly on ipv6 port 53 now. Thanks for letting us know.