Cannot access Cpanel

sumguy

I started using heliohost a number of months ago, but stopped due to some of the extreme downtime. Well, now that it seems like everything is back on it's feet and running properly I'm trying to set my website up again.

I purchased a domain last september and have uploaded files on heliohost before, but now when I log in I get this message:

"In order to access the interface, you will need to make sure that the software license on this server is active and installed.

Your license could not be activated because:

Unknown License File Version (has=,needed=15). This means that the system failed to get a new license, or part of the update process failed. If you are the server admin, you should run /usr/local/cpanel/etc/init/stopcpsrvd and then /scripts/upcp --force to attempt to resyncronize. ..."

I'm not really sure what this means, and I have no idea what it wants me to do to fix the problem. It mentioned that I should try to get a new trial account with Cpanel, but those only last for 15 days as far as I can see from the site- and I can only renew them 3 times. A regular license costs around $300.

What's the deal? Isn't Heliohost free? Is there a way to get around this Cpanel foolishness?

Sorry if this is a simple problem. I've never hosted a domain before, and it's taken me a fairly long time to figure it out-- there's a lot I don't understand.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I HAVE used Cpanel before, and everything worked beautifully. Not sure what changed, it's been a while since I've tried to access my files.

I have to admit I'm getting a little frustrated here. When is cPanel going to be back up and running? I tried working with this other link but cannot get my files to show up. This is just very irritating. I can understand having occasional downtime and such because those things do happen, but when we're talking about a very well used and user friendly utility like cPanel waiting for one or two admins to get to the issue just really makes the chances of keeping my site with HelioHost minimal. I know it's free, but even a free service needs to at least keep the principal utility licenses up and valid for the subscriber base. :angry:

Okay, I'm done whining now....off the soapbox.

Now, any idea on what I might not be doing correctly to get to my sub-directories and work with my files? <_<

Now, any idea on what I might not be doing correctly to get to my sub-directories and work with my files? <_<

If this is your site:

http://rhythmangel.heliohost.org

then this is how you use that ftp client I posted:

Host address: ftp.rhythmangel.heliohost.org

User: same as cpanel

Password: same as cpanel

-------------------

Once your at your user directory, open up the public_html directory to see your folders and files.