Moving request: Johnny to Tommy

sinju

Heyhey,

could you please move my account from johnny to tommy?

Account: sinju

Donation ID: 0AN5091351459682X

Main Domain: kreiskunst.art

And one little question:

Will an valid ssl certificate just install automatic on tommy or do i have to do something? On jonny i tried zerossl services but they were not really useful since they only protect the main domain and not free forever. Also asking because i had issues with sending mails from my domain to an @outlook.de mail and wondered if this problem is attached somehow to the missing ssl certificate for the .webmail subdomain. But maybe my dns records are just bloated, tried much stuff there, i'm not sure. (I am new to this whole thing as you may notice)

Anyway, thank you very much for any assistance and have a nice day! :)

Best regards!

sinju

You're on Tommy now. Thanks for the donation.

Tommy has autossl which will automatically install ssl on all your domains and subdomains for you. When the certificates get close to expiring it will automatically renew them too for you.

Emails ending up in spam or not arriving at all might be because you were on Johnny's shared IP. As a free hosting provider we attract a lot of spammers and phishers that send emails out from our server. Obviously we suspend them as fast as possible, but Johnny especially ends up on various blacklists all the time. Tommy's shared IP is much better as he has about a third as many accounts, and most spammers and phishers won't be bothered to try to signup for free within 5 seconds of availability, and criminals almost never donate to get an account. Even so people install terrible software like wordpress on Tommy, and it is easily hacked so sometimes spammers and phishers get access to sending email from Tommy that way so even Tommy's shared IP ends up on blacklists sometimes.

The best option for sending emails is to buy a dedicated IP for $12. You get to use it for 12 months, and it takes you off the shared IP and puts you on your own IP that only you have access to. You can set up reverse dns for your domain, which helps a lot with emails getting delivered because your email come from your own IP instead of the one that is shared with thousands of other users. A really useful tool to get your emails delivered properly is https://www.mail-tester.com/ Let us know what issues that report says you have and we can try to get it all to 100%.