Why?

DemonKnightz

Why is it that after signing up and waiting for a few days now, I still don't have an account that works?

I signed up correctly and all, but when I went to sign into the cpannel, it told me login attempt failed. Also, when I try to go to my site link, the browser is telling me address not found. www.DemonKnightz.net :ph34r:

Why is it that after signing up and waiting for a few days now, I still don't have an account that works?

I signed up correctly and all, but when I went to sign into the cpannel, it told me login attempt failed. Also, when I try to go to my site link, the browser is telling me address not found. www.DemonKnightz.net :ph34r:

Yeah, dude, if you are new to the art of website creation, research some before you make a dumb mistake like you did.

But when I read it, I swear it said I could have the domain if I posted on the forum 500 or so times a year. But OK, thanks for the info. So I'll have to register my domain before that site could work. Hmmm, can one of the administrators delete that site then? I guess I will have to be satisfied with a sub-domain for now. Sorry for the stupid question.

Also, the account name Marbas, I used it to sign up before, and the site died while trying to create my site. So now the user name is used, but there's no site. So can someone also clear that name from the system. Once again, I'm sorry for the stupid mistakes. I'm alright at HTML, but the whole web hosting thing is new to me.

But when I read it, I swear it said I could have the domain if I posted on the forum 500 or so times a year. But OK, thanks for the info. So I'll have to register my domain before that site could work. Hmmm, can one of the administrators delete that site then? I guess I will have to be satisfied with a sub-domain for now. Sorry for the stupid question.

Also, the account name Marbas, I used it to sign up before, and the site died while trying to create my site. So now the user name is used, but there's no site. So can someone also clear that name from the system. Once again, I'm sorry for the stupid mistakes. I'm alright at HTML, but the whole web hosting thing is new to me.

You have to post 400 times *beforehand*. Also, you'll have to request a domain from this subforum. You'll need to read the rules too... the domain rules are in the link.

.......This day is really just turning out to be one failure after another for me...... Thank you Wizard, your help has left me in your debt.

Once again, sorry :'(

OK. Djbob. The first error was the site taking like 15 minutes saying it was creating things for me. Unfortunetly the error that ended up appearing came up yesterday, so i'm not sure what it said anymore. But, after you told me the user name wasn't there, I tried to sign up again with Marbas. Still getting errors.

"We're sorry, but that username has already been taken. Please go back and enter a different username."

So this is why I thought you might be able to delete it.....

Hey djbob, this might interest you. I've glitched myself a free account before too. One that you did not detect. It was on the old server and I let it die; but if it's on the new server, the glitch might still be present. It may become be a security risk if someone finds a way to reproduce/exploit it.

Yay

"Congratulations! Your account has been created. Please visit DemonKnightz.heliohost.org/cpanel to login. Please note your website will not be active until it is approved by the administrator. This usually takes about 24 hours, but may take more. You will not be able to login during this duration."

Thank you djbob

Now I guess I wait for 24 hours :(