Having difficulty linking to files

sumguy

Hey everyone,

I just registered my first domain, and I saw Helio Host with high ratings for website hosting. Everything has been running ... rather smoothly. That downtime left a bad first impression but--- I digress

I'm trying to get the website I made linked to the domain that I registered. Everything seems to be in order... I uploaded all my files and HTML docs to the www directory, checked just to make sure that I was typing in the correct domain (http://www.((my registered domain name)).com/index.html), and I am getting either a "404 file not found" or the random search-website-filler that has been there since I registered the domain.

I'm not really sure if there's some synchronizing of IP addresses that I should do in my domain manager at domainpannel.com, or if I'm not setting up my files correctly in the cPanel.

Does anyone have some advice or tips for linking my domain with my files on helio?

Additional info:

My domain was registered with InterNIC a week ago, I registered with HelioHost just before it went down last weekend, and my index.html file is located in the public_html and/or www folder along with all my graphic resources etc.

Thanks for reading, if any other information would prove helpful please let me know.

That's exactly it! NIiiiiieiieeece Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help.

I may have gotten just a tiny bit over my head trying to learn HTML and learn how to host my own web domain while keeping up with my classes at the same time.

Problem solved.

:lol: