Name Server Issue

Upendran

Is it absolutely necessary to delegate DNS services to your servers to add my own domain(s)?

I use the services of dnspark.net for my dns service. I get excellent enterprise grade services free of cost upto two domains and 200,000 DNS queries per month.

I use Google apps for email and chat, MS Office Live for web hosting. I want to try heliohost for for managing dynamic content (I will experiment with some CMS and decide on that).

By changing name servers I will have to disrupt existing services. Besides I do not want to leave dnspark.net

Is there a way out? Letting me add a host record in my current dns and allowing me to add the add-on (sub)domain to heliohost will not affect you in any way.

Update: Eventhough cPanel says that DNS service must be delegated to your servers. It allowed me to add the addon domain (a sub-domain under my main domain). Then I added a host record to my DNS pointing to the shared IP address displayed in cPanel. It works! :rolleyes:

I have a similar problem. The domain I used to register was just temporary (well I thought it was). I just typed in diablosa.net because the registration did not accept diablosa.co.za, thinking I'll change it afterwards. But now it's doesn't seem I can.

So now I own diablosa.co.za and I'm using freedns and everydns and everything is working perfectly. Could someone change my main domain to diablosa.co.za? Or is there some way around this?

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I get the following error message if I try to add diablosa.co.za as a parked domain:

Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 67.19.72.206,72.20.25.134,64.158.219.3,66.252.1.255,67.18.179.15 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

I guess this is because I already have nameservers set up for diablosa.co.za. So I would be really nice if you could simply change my domain to diablosa.co.za. I have sent you a pm with my details.