Asp.net problem

brano

Hi again.I read a lot of topics about problem i have,but i cant solve it.I am getting this error:

Server Error in '/' Application

gdiplus.dll

Description: HTTP 500. Error processing request.

Stack Trace:

System.DllNotFoundException: gdiplus.dll

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)

at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000]

Version information: Mono Version: 2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version: 2.0.50727.42

EDIT:i dont want to let people see my site before its finished.

Many thanks for solutin,brano.

Unfortunately, our installation of ASP.NET does not have the GDIPlus extension. See here for more information.

I can help you identify which control is incompatible with HelioHost, though. Can you list the controls you use in your page?

Unfortunately, our installation of ASP.NET does not have the GDIPlus extension. See here for more information.

I can help you identify which control is incompatible with HelioHost, though. Can you list the controls you use in your page?

This error caused probable RequiredFieldValidator and i want to use RangeValidator too.Ok,i understand that you dont support it,but plz tell me how should i make validation for my register page(i mean under validation to check required fields and range of password).

Many thanks,brano

djbob,

I am actually getting the error now too when I wasnt getting it before, and nothing has changed on my website. I went through my code to see if there was actually a color set to 0x00000, I have colors set to #000000 (black) but not specificaly 0x00000. Re-uploaded the site and no change. Any ideas?

Error:

gdiplus.dll

Description: HTTP 500. Error processing request.

Stack Trace:

System.DllNotFoundException: gdiplus.dll

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)

at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000]

Is it working now? If not, can you please pass me a link to the page that isn't working?

PS: programatically, any number starting with 0x is a hexadecimal. In design, hexadecimals start with #. So #000000 is identical to 0x000000 (although the error has five numerals in it, which probably means it's an error code rather than a color).

Its up and running now, thanks a bunch djbob!

PS: programatically, any number starting with 0x is a hexadecimal. In design, hexadecimals start with #. So #000000 is identical to 0x000000 (although the error has five numerals in it, which probably means it's an error code rather than a color).

And I realize that ;) RGB ftw :P

Its up and running now, thanks a bunch djbob!

And I realize that ;) RGB ftw :P

Did you forgot on me?I need to know which validation tools i need to use in my asp.net registration page to make it work.

Many thanks for answer,brano

What do you mean by validation tools? If the error is still occuring for you, it is highly probably that you are using a control that requires gdiplus.dll to function.

Again: can you please list all the controls you have on your page so that I can take a look and see if I can identify the control that is causing the problem.

Yeah, the problem seems to be stemming from RequiredFieldValidator. I have tried installing gdiplus.dll in the past, but after a few days of errors I gave up. The cPanel folks said that they will consider adding gdiplus in the next major release of cPanel/WHM.

Yeah, the problem seems to be stemming from RequiredFieldValidator. I have tried installing gdiplus.dll in the past, but after a few days of errors I gave up. The cPanel folks said that they will consider adding gdiplus in the next major release of cPanel/WHM.

Ok,thanks for answer.I still have 2 questions:

1)What validation tools i should use to make it work?

2)How long it will take to next cpanel update?

Many thanks for answer,brano

1) I'm not sure... try some other validation controls, perhaps you can hack around it with a more generic validation control?

2) Unfortunately, cPanel doesn't currently have an estimated release time. I'll let you all know when I hear from them.

Sorry about the issue :(

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I've run into the same problem. Im trying to add a form to my site. I'll let you guys know when I find a way to get around the validation controls. Im trying to make a login and a signup. The scripts after the submit button don't work from what I think.

Okay, I have found a way to bypass the issue. When you insert your button, all the validation properties are set to true. Just set them all to false and the script will work perfectly after that. I'll list the specific properties.

• UseSubmitBehavior - Set to False
  • CausesValidation - Set to False
  • ValidationGroup - Set to nothing
  • PostBackUrl - Set to nothing
  • OnClientClick - Set to nothing.

Just set those as specified above and add your scripts, and you should be set and ready to go! I hope this helps.