Ming Problem

Byron

Could you ask them if there is a libming-util for CentOS (we can't use apt-get as we use multilib with CentOS 5.2 x64-86). I can't find any online downloads for libming-util through Google and none of the installed yum repositories are listing it.

Could you ask them if there is a libming-util for CentOS (we can't use apt-get as we use multilib with CentOS 5.2 x64-86). I can't find any online downloads for libming-util through Google and none of the installed yum repositories are listing it.

This was the reply I got after quoting your reply to J.

Maybe these RPMs will help? Not really familiar with CentOs.

http://download.fedoranews.org/ming/

Sorry about all this confusion djbob. I had know idea it was going to be like his when I requested Ming :(

Hopes this helps,

Byron

I posted your message and this is what I have gotten so far this evening:

Ask your admin what version of Ming they have (may also have an old version) and if he built it himself.

Ming only supports libungif, can be made to support other libs with some coding... Try using PNGs too.

--strk;

I replied back to him that we have Version 0.3.0 and I wasn't sure if you built it yourself and I could use PNGs just fine without any errors. And I'm now waiting on his reply.

Byron

OK these were the replies I got and my reply:

0.3.0 is 'very' old, didn't support

automatic (in-lib) use of gif/png.

--strk;

Do you have any suggestions?

1) Use DBL :)

2) Ask your admin to upgrade making sure to build gif support.

3) Wait for next official release to come out and do (2) again

--strk;

Since it's turned out this way djbob, I really don't have a problem converting my PNGs to GIFs if you would rather not upgrade at this time.

Byron

• 2 weeks later...

Ermm, the official Ming homepage lists version 0.3.0 is the latest stable version (0.4.0 is still in RC). I'd really rather not upgrade to 0.4.0 because it is still in RC and because I would have to do it manually (as opposed to cPanel automatically handling libming 0.3.0). I'd rather wait until Ming releases a stable 0.4.0 release and cPanel updates its Ming repository, if you don't mind :)