[Solved] TomCat log access

fjmduran

Hello, I have read in this forum that read log file of tomcat server is not possible. I have desployed a Java servlet application but its response is not successfull. I have tested in my tomcat server and it runs successfully. I use java.util.logging.Logger to write errors, how could I to read the problem of my java application in Tommy server?

My Java application try to read postgresql database in Tommy server (tommy.heliohost.org:5432/fjmduran_cestacompra)

User name:fjmduran

Server name: Tommy

http://fjmduran.heliohost.org/TestHelioHost/

Thanks,

The general advice here is to have the application generate its own log somewhere where you can access it (such as in your home folder). If you ever do need the tomcat logs, you can ask for them Krydos can get the relevant parts for you. We can't provide the whole log because the log contains sensitive information for every java application running on the server.

Your home folder path should be shown in cPanel on the right side. Create a folder inside your home folder (e.g. /home/username/javalog) and grant that folder 756 or 757 permissions. Then add code to your java app that generates logs and saves them in there. Tomcat apps run as another user, so you have to give "other users" (the third number) the write attribute in order for it to save logs in there.

Do NOT use the home folder itself as the log path, it won't have permission to save directly in the home folder, and changing the permissions will break your account.