support request: cannot connect to ftp site

Spirit7

hi, i'm the admin for a client's account (Spirit 7) and we are not able to access our ftp site since at least yesterday. the exact error message we are receiving (via Fetch) is "An FTP connection to xx.xx.91.33 could not be opened because the connection was reset by the server."

we need this fixed asap as we have files needing to be accessed there. if additional info is needed, please email me at the addy i registered the account under or <edit>. thank you.

We don't offer support by email. What server are you using? Check "server name" under your cPanel.

we have never accessed this account any way but via ftp -- it is only an ftp account so far as i've ever been told (it was setup by someone else back in '04 or so i believe). so i have no idea about the name of the server. the ip is all i have to go on.

The account probably got auto-deleted for inactivity. What was your FTP login?

spirit7

eta: the account has probably been used within the past 3-6 months though i can't swear that's the case. but it has been paid for and used this year. if that helps any! thank you for looking into it.

Are you sure that's the login? There isn't any "@" after the initial part?

but it has been paid for and used this year.
This is a free hosting site. You don't pay for hosting here.

yeah i think this is some sort of legacy thing... unless you have the same name as another hosting service and they're actually who i'm using. the only contact i have is mark alamares of heliohost/space pirate -- ring any bells?