where i can put my index file ...?

xzondax

hello i'm a newbie. I want to replace the page "Index of /" with my own index, but i don't know <_< . if you know the way to solute, plz tell me... thank u very much. <sr about my english, i come from vietnam, nice to meet you :rolleyes: >

index files (index.html, index.php, and so on) go under public_html OR public_html/www. Either works.

Also, unless you want your file structure to be indexed, thus allowing people to see all of your files, you should turn off indexing.

i have tried but it's still display a page like:

Index of /

cgi-bin/

images/

postinfo.html

Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_mono/1.2.6 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at xzondax.heliohost.org Port 80

Must i configure the index manager in the cpanel? if this is the problem, please show me how to do it...

Um dude... don't mess with Index of/, first of all, it's a directory, second of all, you don't need to mess with that if you want to upload your own index page.

Just do what CriBaby told you. Make a file called index.* (replace * with php, html, etc.)

(Do you know what you are doing?)

Do you realize that doesn't make sense...

let me try to explain to you what an index file is...

an index file is a file that the browser opens if you put in a directory like www.google.com/

or blank.blank.blank/blank/

an index file can be anything, usually its your homepage.

if you are trying to make a homepage, make a file called index.html in your www directory and then open it for editing.

then put this inside of it:

<html>
<head>
<title>your page title here</title>
</head>
<body>
the text you want the page to display
</body>
</html>

xzondax, stop spamming. You came here with some incomprehensible problem that you want people to "solute" (I assume you mean "solve"), and then you make fun of people when they try to help you out.

If you don't want to be banned, you are going to have to state your problem clearly and concisely, and follow the directions that you are given. If we misinterpret what you are saying that is because you do not know English very well.

i come from vietnam i say again vietnam , and my english is very bad sr...

i think i should close this topic...

Wow... you guys are probably feeling pretty sorry, insulting someones English when they don't speak it very well and come from another country...