MySQL Query Browser

Sungazer

and before anyone asks... yes i did search it, lol

my question is this:

what do i use for the host if im using MySQL Query Browser to manage the DB.

i know for connection strings i use localhost but that wont work with MQB.

I tryed using my site address but that doesnt work.

"localhost" should work. If it doesn't, then we have a problem. Are you at least able to connect? If yes, then what exactly are you trying to do? You won't be able to create databases; that functionality is limited by design to cPanel.

I suggest you check with the MySQL Query Browser folks. They will probably know what's up with their application better than we will.

ok then so im going to have to use cpanel then... bummer MySql Query Browser is a handy lil program.

localhost wouldnt work because then the MQB would try lookin on my machine for the db and the db is

running on the server not my box. MQB needs the address/serverhost to connect. which is why i thought

that using my site address might work in place of localhost

Oh, then you just need to add your home IP address to the allowed remote hosts list for MySQL. The option is in cPanel. Enter hostname:port for your host field. Your hostname is your main URL; find out your port by Googling the default cPanel MySQL port.

i will check that out tomorrow... when i am sober lol

edit: well i can connect now which is cool. but it doesnt see the database which is wierd.

edit edit: WOOT! GOT IT! i just had to add my user to the database lol never seen that set up before

BTW: djbob... you da man!