Johnny and account de-activation after 30 (or just 6) days

Piotr GRD

Hi

I have already re-activated my own test account, but for all other users, please, make sure that 30-days without login to cPanel deactivation period works correctly on Johnny. Why?

I've just get an email and my account has been deactivated after just 6 days from last login.

Your hosting plan at HelioHost has been discontinued for inactivity. In order to keep your website active you must log into your control panel at least once every 30 days. The last time you logged in was 2018-05-31 [6 days ago]. All visitors to your domain(s) will now see an inactive page instead of your original content.

My account was one of the very first accounts, so maybe it's just a small bug for this specific account. But if not, then other users may have similar problem tomorrow and in the next days. Maybe introduction of inactivity email warnings announced yesterday caused some error.

Thanks for letting us know.

This is actually caused by rebooting Cody. For some reason when Cody restarts he boots up with some completely random time in his clock. Apparently it was far enough in the future today that it thought 2018-05-31 was at least 30 days in the past. One of the first things Cody does when he boots up is update his clock. Since your account is the oldest on the server it was first in line to get suspended for the false inactivity. It looks like one other account was unlucky as well. I went ahead and renewed his account for him. I've known about the weird time clock thing, but this has never happened before.