[Solved] Site Internal 500 Error Occasionally & Slow

space2018

Hi,

My website, https://space.heliohost.org, regularly has slow response times and occasionally, the connection fails with an Internal 500 Error. Simply refreshing the page causes the internal 500 error to go away, but the site is still slow to load. I have enabled APCU caching, used compressed images, enabled website compression, browser caching and file-based caching of PHP pages. Yet, the website is still slow to respond.

The website is hosted on the Ricky server using PHP 7.1. At first, I thought it might be a server load issue, but it always seems to be slow. The website is a MediaWiki instance but currently I am the only editor of it. Could any one advise as to why this may be happening and if possible, suggest ways to optimize performance?

Thanks in advance,

Ricky has had rather high load the last few days due to a few users causing a lot of load and the daily signups being set rather high. Since they've been suspended and the daily signup limit has been reduced the load should get a little better now. If Ricky still isn't fast enough for you we strongly recommend moving your account to our fastest server: Tommy.