SSL Certificate resets to self-signed every ~24 hours

smartmc

Been having this issue for about a week, but it seems it won't be going away for the moment, so I'm making a post about it.

As the title implies, every 24 or-so hours, my ssl certificate from Let's Encrypt resets to self-signed. This is a pain (obviously), as it gives warnings to anyone who vists my site, and messes with my Telegram bot webhooks. I will point out that my SSL is close to expiry (about a week), but I don't see that this would be an issue.

I'd bet it has to do with the cert nearing expiration, especially if it just recently started. I know AutoSSL certs are usually renewed/replaced once they're <14 days from expiration...

Try renewing your certificate and see if a fresh one still does it.

• Like 1

I'd bet it has to do with the cert nearing expiration, especially if it just recently started. I know AutoSSL certs are usually renewed/replaced once they're <14 days from expiration...

Will give it a try and see what happens

Refreshed my cert, problem fixed!

Thanks for the help!